Blue Christmas: What didn’t Santa bring?

BRS

What was the main thing that you were hoping for, but didn’t Santa bring?

• Reef equipment

Votes: 64 33.0%
  • Corals

Votes: 35 18.0%
  • Fish

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • Gift cards

Votes: 38 19.6%
  • Socks

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 34 17.5%

• Total voters

Gary67

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
need help my razor 300w lightinh i guress my hand was wet driped into the area where thery have A.B.C.D FOR LIGHTING STRENGTH I CAN DO IT BY HAND SOMES TIMES I TURN IT UP AND IN GORS DOWN 3-5 PAR INSTED OF UP DON'T KNOW WI TO CALL OTHERWISE A FEW MORE CORALS AND A HAND FULL OR WRASSE'S AND I'M DONE TILL THE NEXT BUILD

IsaacHunt

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Did you end up with nice Christmas presents but not THE present? When you said socks, did they not realize you meant filter socks? Were you hoping for a new LED light for your reef tank, another add-on for your controller, or maybe a gift card to your favorite coral vendor? The new Hanna Marine Monitor was just introduced – was that on your list? After all the presents were opened, did you notice that there was something that Santa didn’t bring for your reef tank that was on your list? Let’s talk about what you are still hoping for (maybe Santa’s running late?).

View attachment 2947745
Santa brought me Sweet FA but I suppose as an unorthodox orthodox jew being ignored by the bearded fat man hardly came as a surprise to me

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, if you're serious. Here, this is THE ingredient in cough syrup without the nasty taste. Works great, too.

Cabinet: Cough Relief for Adults,...
Unfortunately I am. Sucky time to be sick (thanks for the link!)

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to vote other because I have the most awesome Wife, I mean Santa. She got me a blue torch coral and new reef octopus skimmer. She says it's cheaper than muscle cars so she can't complain
Just don't let her find the "real" receipts, lol. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Did you end up with nice Christmas presents but not THE present? When you said socks, did they not realize you meant filter socks? Were you hoping for a new LED light for your reef tank, another add-on for your controller, or maybe a gift card to your favorite coral vendor? The new Hanna Marine Monitor was just introduced – was that on your list? After all the presents were opened, did you notice that there was something that Santa didn’t bring for your reef tank that was on your list? Let’s talk about what you are still hoping for (maybe Santa’s running late?).

View attachment 2947745
Nothing. Reason is I told everyone not to get me a thing as they already know if I need something, I just go get it.
My daughter said " my dad is like Barbie- he has Everything" LOL

OP
OP
Peace River

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nothing. Reason is I told everyone not to get me a thing as they already know if I need something, I just go get it.
My daughter said " my dad is like Barbie- he has Everything" LOL
Lol! Of all the ways that I’ve ever described you, my friend, Barbie has never been one of them!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Lol! Of all the ways that I’ve ever described you, my friend, Barbie has never been one of them!
I better removed that - That was GOOD

whybenormal

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing missing. My husband looked the other way while I bought 10 new corals on a trip to Phoenix to fly home with early in Dec. Then bought me the AI Prime Hydra 32 HDs and said "Here is your early Hannukah present. This is all you get."
Then my wonderful Secret Santa sent me a Duncan and a Lego Creator set (the aquarium one) I'm having fun with both of those.
I couldn't ask for more!

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, if you're serious. Here, this is THE ingredient in cough syrup without the nasty taste. Works great, too.

Cabinet: Cough Relief for Adults,...
It's a country-wide shortage. There was a big news story a few days ago that Alberta secured 500,000 bottles of cough medication from Turkey. And that other provinces are trying to secure some of this supply. People have actually been traveling to Mexico to bring back supplies of pediatric cough medicine, as it's that scarce here.

Santa did not bring me any problems for my tanks, and I am extremely grateful for that. Thanks, Santa!

David Gaskins

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time in a long time the tank got any holiday respect.

Santa brought me a replacement for my 200g tanks T5 lights with three new Neptune Sky lights and hanging kit. Mrs. Santa helped out with an Apex A3 Pro! :).

This is my 1st foray into tank automation using a singular controller after years of timers and switching. Really happy with this setup (should have made the change earlier!)

Any thoughts on Neptune Trident!

sincerely,
David

Attachments

• 8D3D1835-529B-47CC-A281-E2FA27E105DB.jpeg
    8D3D1835-529B-47CC-A281-E2FA27E105DB.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 15

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any thoughts on Neptune Trident!
It's definitely worth the investment - especially when combined with a DOS for Trident-dosing. I recommend calibrating from your tank/test kits and implementing a custom schedule to double the lifespan of your reagents.

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing for the tank. My wife puts up with it all year, why force her to try and buy something for it.
So basically you're looking for a fish-fight-free Xmas like me! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
ACC
Back