ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

Karliefish

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are still supporting the original Powermodule, the original LED Powermodule (from over 10 years ago). We have parts for all generations of lights, the Sirius, the Powermodule, the Dimmable Sunpower etc. We'll be here to support it just like Apple supports the iPhone 10 even though they don't sell it any more. We aren't abandoning anyone, rest assured we have you covered.

We are working with ATI Germany to bring the Straton Pro to USA, we just do not have any kind of timeline to when this can happen.

Keep in mind we do a lot more than just resell widgets,, we are the ones who do all the support, packaging, testing (we test every single bulb we sell before it leaves our facility), repairs, marketing, write directions, create support videos (in English), bottling of Essentials etc.
Yes and all of that is super appreciated - so keep that support going for your existing straton U.S. Customer base or at least offer a great discount path for your existing straton customers to upgrade to the pro’s - that would be a sign of great customer support.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Karliefish

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do? Are you worried about the availability of replacement parts if a fixture would fail? I would imagine that ati would keep stuff like that in stock or they would really shoot them self’s in the foot.
Nope - worried about continual software patching and interface enhancements…..early versions of their software had technical issues and I chose ATI because I wanted a company that would always be there to support ongoing software upgrades/enhancements. Someone referenced they are like Microsoft and apple, i.e., supporting their products for years after being introduced - well that is simply a very poor example to use when discussing the Stratons - they’ve only been on the market for 4-5 years. MS and apple have been supporting previous versions of their products for over 10 years.

Karliefish

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do? Are you worried about the availability of replacement parts if a fixture would fail? I would imagine that ati would keep stuff like that in stock or they would really shoot them self’s in the foot.

BRS

areefer01

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to know if you put out over $4000.00 for these lights would you still be holding this view? Do you own these lights -have a serious investment in them?

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking if my view would be any different if I owned the lights (I do not) after reading ATI NA's response? No, it wouldn't. They are up front if someone was to buy a straton pro from EMEA for US use and it being not supported. In short - the product isn't available in our market today so there wouldn't be support. Different cost centers, etc.

If you are talking about a wider support of products, say existing Straton users, then I would ask if ATI NA said it is no longer supported. I didn't read that so can't comment.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you are accepting pre-orders for new straton pro’s (great to know), but still have not provided a viable solution for current straton customers. It sounds like the path is buy the new Pro’s if you want your lights to be supported for by ATI (firmware upgrades etc.). Do i understand this correctly, if not, please clarify support for your existing straton customer base.

Yes and all of that is super appreciated - so keep that support going for your existing straton U.S. Customer base or at least offer a great discount path for your existing straton customers to upgrade to the pro’s - that would be a sign of great customer support.

Hello Karliefish,
We have an continue to support all aspects we can on the Straton. I am not sure what the problem is you are looking for as a "viable solution"? The new firmware which just launched in April works on both the Straton and Straton Pro. The phone app is also out that works with the Straton. As previously stated we still support lights like the Sirius which haven't been sold for 7-8 years. We just had a user bring us 2 which were repaired last week.

On what basis are you saying we no longer support Straton users?

cvicente

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great news! I have 3 original Stratons over my 6-foot tank and love them. They are only a year old so I don't need new lights but when the time comes I fully plan to go with the Straton Pros.
The Pro 153 will retail for $1,950.95, I will keep my 2 Stratons until they burn out !

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar Foods

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Pro 153 will retail for $1,950.95, I will keep my 2 Stratons until they burn out !
Who/where did you get that price from? I was told something different, at that price it will cost almost 12k to light my new tank.

areefer01

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
28"x28"for SPS. IMO the beauty of the standard Straton was the diffuser. The Pro has no diffuser to reduce light spill.

Thanks.
Who/where did you get that price from? I was told something different, at that price it will cost almost 12k to light my new tank.

I saw a pre-order up at Premium Aquatics matching that price. It does list out of stock which is odd since it hasn't been released. So maybe not an accurate price?

1684882541159.png

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.

I saw a pre-order up at Premium Aquatics matching that price. It does list out of stock which is odd since it hasn't been released. So maybe not an accurate price?

View attachment 3166419
I won’t say the price I was given from a supplier but it wasn’t that high, once I get my order confirmed I’ll let everyone know. If that is the price I will go to Radions and Blades instead of the Stratons.

Top Shelf Aquatics

cvicente

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.

View attachment 3166419
$1,950.95 is the MAP price, it's not an estimate. First units are expected between August & September. As you all know pre orders have priority on the first batch of modules.

areefer01

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won’t say the price I was given from a supplier but it wasn’t that high, once I get my order confirmed I’ll let everyone know. If that is the price I will go to Radions and Blades instead of the Stratons.

No problem. I'm not going to go down the rabbit hole of price, worth, etc. Not my place. I was only noting what I happened upon. I'm not in the market for lighting but I do like what both ATI and Phillips did with their passive cooling designs.

spsick

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ATI North America can you define what features make these units “pro” and nearly double the price of the regular Straton? The product listings are very vague and incomplete for what is priced to be the most premium fixture on the market.

Last edited:
AS

Karliefish

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Karliefish,
We have an continue to support all aspects we can on the Straton. I am not sure what the problem is you are looking for as a "viable solution"? The new firmware which just launched in April works on both the Straton and Straton Pro. The phone app is also out that works with the Straton. As previously stated we still support lights like the Sirius which haven't been sold for 7-8 years. We just had a user bring us 2 which were repaired last week.

On what basis are you saying we no longer support Straton users?
My apologies I must of mis-read an earlier post. I was led to believe that if I have light hardware problems 5 years that I am SOL. However after reading your post it’s great to hear that ATI will still repair them similar to what you stated regarding the Sirius lights. All good now that ATI will be there to provide hardware and software support for my Stratons. Thanks for the post!

Karliefish

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies I must of mis-read an earlier post. I was led to believe that if I have light hardware problems 5 years that I am SOL. However after reading your post it’s great to hear that ATI will still repair them similar to what you stated regarding the Sirius lights. All good now that ATI will be there to provide hardware and software support for my Stratons. Thanks for the post!
Can you please where I can download the new ATI Straton Mobile application? Didn’t find it in the Apple Store.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back