Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my yellow coris in qt. There also live rock with. Bristle worms and I guess he messed with one. Anyone know if this will effect him I don't see any way of removing them

Avast

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my yellow coris in qt. There also live rock with. Bristle worms and I guess he messed with one. Anyone know if this will effect him I don't see any way of removing them

There isn't any way to remove those. They may distract the fish from feeding normally, but otherwise, fish seem to handle bristleworm spines pretty well (better than I do anyway!).

Jay

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They love bristle worms! Among other pests like flatworms.

Mine munches the large ones, and I often see bristles in his face. Doesn't seem to bother him one bit.

Great all around "hunting" wrasse.

AS
OP
OP
E

Eoka

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They love bristle worms! Among other pests like flatworms.

Mine munches the large ones, and I often see bristles in his face. Doesn't seem to bother him one bit.

Great all around "hunting" wrasse.
Okay that's really good to know I though one attacked him I have a bristle worm out break and I don't really like them because I'm scared to put my hand in the tank when removing anything. They love the undersides of frag plugs.

OP
OP
E

Eoka

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There isn't any way to remove those. They may distract the fish from feeding normally, but otherwise, fish seem to handle bristleworm spines pretty well (better than I do anyway!).

Jay
I have a follow up on this post. Seems like it got infected. His left eye is white and cloudy and he has some puffy white stuff on his side. I was wondering how I treat this or if I even have to. The wrasse is also still acting strange I thought it was just the prazi pro but my other leopard wrasse is doing just fine.

BRS
OP
OP
E

Eoka

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 20230322_152626.jpg
    20230322_152626.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 45

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a follow up on this post. Seems like it got infected. His left eye is white and cloudy and he has some puffy white stuff on his side. I was wondering how I treat this or if I even have to. The wrasse is also still acting strange I thought it was just the prazi pro but my other leopard wrasse is doing just fine.

Pics and video would help, if they are clear enough for us to see.

Jay

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wrasse does look lethargic, but I can't see any bristle worm spines. It doesn't seem to be breathing fast, so that's good. I just cannot see any symptoms that would point to a clear treatment though!

Jay

OP
OP
E

Eoka

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant get any pictures of the britle worm spines but it was like 20 or them on its face and upper body. I was just worried about the infection he has. Looks like its some fungal infection so maybe i just treat based of that. Also worried he'll lose his eye.
The wrasse does look lethargic, but I can't see any bristle worm spines. It doesn't seem to be breathing fast, so that's good. I just cannot see any symptoms that would point to a clear treatment though!

Jay

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant get any pictures of the britle worm spines but it was like 20 or them on its face and upper body. I was just worried about the infection he has. Looks like its some fungal infection so maybe i just treat based of that. Also worried he'll lose his eye.

I agree there is an issue, I just don't see a clear treatment. In a general sense, you could try treating with a broad spectrum, gram negative antibiotic such as Neoplex or Kanaplex.

Jay

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back