What’s the most effective bristle worm eating fish that is reef safe and won’t attack my other fish?

BristleWormHater

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BristleWormHater, why have you joined the dark side.
Star Wars No GIF

Dara E

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 15 nano had it so bad they were ltierally sunbathing on the rocks all day.

I got an emerald crab and notice it snacking on a few but I think that was just an oppurtunistic feeder.

I ready Orchid Dottybacks eat them but I couldn't find any for sale, not even at Pet schmoes. so I picked up a Neon Dottyback instead. First few days I had a super shy creature. But since I can't keep my hand out of the tank, it found out that was meal time whenever I rescaped the rocks.

Now, it's hard to find a bristleworm at all. I know there are a few left, but they cower in terror thanks to my neon dottyback. I tried recording it eating, but it's impossible. The neon gobbles it up everytime before I hit record.

jcmjoe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will eat bristleworms with gusto, but there are also accounts of them attacking smaller fish. No personal experience with them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have had an arrow crab and they will eat bristleworms, small shrimp and if they are able to catch any small fish they will eat them too! In my opinion they are scarier and more freaky looking than a bristleworm! Haha

OP
OP
Koby

Koby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had an arrow crab and they will eat bristleworms, small shrimp and if they are able to catch any small fish they will eat them too! In my opinion they are scarier and more freaky looking than a bristleworm! Haha
I agree with you there

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My captive orchid was great, for two years, then it murdered a damsel and two cleaner shrimp before I could get it out. Your experience may vary.

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like most things that eat bristleworms do so because they have 0 Fs to give. this also extends to tank mates.

OP
OP
Koby

Koby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a clown pair, blue tang, yellow tang, firefish, royal gramma and a jaw fish. As long as they don’t hurt the fish or corals I’d have too sacrifice the crabs, I have 10-20 hermits, 2 emeralds and 10 turbo snails. I had a cleaner shrimp but he mysteriously died, I have no idea why. Everyone else looks happy

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a clown pair, blue tang, yellow tang, firefish, royal gramma and a jaw fish. As long as they don’t hurt the fish or corals I’d have too sacrifice the crabs, I have 10-20 hermits, 2 emeralds and 10 turbo snails. I had a cleaner shrimp but he mysteriously died, I have no idea why. Everyone else looks happy

not sure what you are thinking to add?

Dotty and gramma are extremely similar, some risk to firefish and jawfish.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back