WWC's Fragtoberfest Live Sale 2020! Über Koralles and Über Diskonts!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Brent Harpe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 21
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 19

Biokabe

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's possible. I am not sure what evidence, if any, they had to support the theory, but seems relatively plausible.

I would tend to agree with that theory. The only time I've had success with acros, it was in a tank with very mature rock, including some that had originally been live from the ocean. When I started with dry rock, no matter how stable the rest of the parameters were, they just seemed to stagnate, if not outright die.

And for anyone trying to get into acros: Make sure you test your CA and AlK religiously. A growing acro can consume both of those much faster than you might expect.

Bleigh

The lich queen
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would tend to agree with that theory. The only time I've had success with acros, it was in a tank with very mature rock, including some that had originally been live from the ocean. When I started with dry rock, no matter how stable the rest of the parameters were, they just seemed to stagnate, if not outright die.

And for anyone trying to get into acros: Make sure you test your CA and AlK religiously. A growing acro can consume both of those much faster than you might expect.

Yeah... since I started dosing and testing every day, the growth on my corals is amazing. It makes a huge difference. It makes sense, but is very easy to see as a horrible chore. lol

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Kinetics
Back