Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Datsyuk skated hard in practice and is a game time decision for game 4. Says he feels healthy now. With him back in the line-up the fun will be over for Malkin. Datsyuk can skate with him all day long and is far better defensively.

Nutramar Foods

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Datsyuk is a game changer for sure! Missing him is not the end of the world, but having him back will be a HUGE LIFT for the Wings. I just hope they don't scratch Abdelkater to make room.

dude

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually it is. Since 1939 93% of teams to go up 2-0 in a series have went on to win the cup. This isn't Washington. The Pens aren't going to beat the Wings 4 out of 5. Never happen. We have already beaten 2 teams better than Pittsburgh. We shut down Crosby yesterday with a rookie. All he got was a charity assist. Ozzy is much better than Fleury and his save percentage is better this year than it was in the last 2 cups he has won. Zetterberg is clearly outplaying Crosby shutting him down and still scoring. The Wings were all over them for 2/3 of the game. I am very confident the Wings will win tomorrow and then finish the series in 5.
If you want to talk about Osgood.... during the regular season only 3 other people had a worde save percentage than him in the entire league. That is with any goaltender who played 20 or more games this yr. Its the same way about Brodeur was in the mid 90's if u put anybody behind a solid defense they can win.

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

Guardian of The Blue Glow
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True, Ozzy had the worst season of his career this year. Overall the Wings didn't play that well. The would get up for games against good team like San Jose or Chicago and dominate. The rest of the time they just played well enough to get by. Maybe Stanley Cup hangover? I don't know. However when the playoffs started Ozzy came on strong. His save percentage in this series has been stellar. I would say any good goaltender is helped by good defence but they still have to make the big saves and handle the pressure of the playoffs. Ozzy has done that. I will take a playoff performer over a regular season guy any day. Not many terrible goaltenders have won 3 Cups. Ozzy has.

If you want to talk about Osgood.... during the regular season only 3 other people had a worde save percentage than him in the entire league. That is with any goaltender who played 20 or more games this yr. Its the same way about Brodeur was in the mid 90's if u put anybody behind a solid defense they can win.

AS
OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard they will likely scratch Leino. Probably depends on if anyone else is dinged up.

Datsyuk is a game changer for sure! Missing him is not the end of the world, but having him back will be a HUGE LIFT for the Wings. I just hope they don't scratch Abdelkater to make room.

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I smell a Conn Smythe added to his resume. I thought they might give it to Crosby win or lose but in light of his lack of production when it matters most I don't see how they can.

Yeah the Man definitely elevates his game during Playoffs and the Finals!!

Nutramar Foods

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I smell a Conn Smythe added to his resume. I thought they might give it to Crosby win or lose but in light of his lack of production when it matters most I don't see how they can.

I smell it too.....

I really don't agree with giving it to a non-champion!!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

dude

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fleury Stanley Cup Finals record- 3 and 6. Enough said.
Why dont u compare them to their ages. Osgood was drafted in 91 & was in the minors for 5 yrs prior to coming up. Fleury has been playing in the league since the age of 18 straight in the pros. I can say that he is a little inconsistent at times however if you look at any goalie they ususally dont start to get into the prime & blossom until their mid 20's. If you look at when Osgood was origianlly with the Wings he was on a stacked team. The Pens while with Fleury the first 2-3 yrs really didnt have any proven talent in the league but alot of young raw talent. So i dont think that u can compare the 2 of them yet. I would say 5 yrs from now comepare what he has done to what Osgood did during those years.

dude

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Draper is in for game 4 as well. He will help with faceoffs big time. One of the best in the game.:wink:Uh oh....Are the Wings getting healthy?
Draper isnt one of the best in the game... I see that you are basically a homer and only think that every player on your roster is great & anyone else in the league is inferior.

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most years Draper has the highest faceoff win percentage in the NHL. He is always in the top 5. I didn't mean to imply he is one of the best players in the league. He is a roll player. Just the facts.

Draper isnt one of the best in the game... I see that you are basically a homer and only think that every player on your roster is great & anyone else in the league is inferior.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the comparison right now is fair as it relates to the series. Ozzy is the better goaltender in this series. Experience matters and he has alot of it. Fleury may well have a great career going forward but he isn't likely to hoist the cup this year. One of the great strengths of the Wings is that they can take their time to develope players. They aren't in a position where they have to draft a kid and say carry us to the promise land. Helm is a prime example. He would be a regular on a lot of teams in the NHL but he hasn't cracked the regular season line-up on the Wings.

Why dont u compare them to their ages. Osgood was drafted in 91 & was in the minors for 5 yrs prior to coming up. Fleury has been playing in the league since the age of 18 straight in the pros. I can say that he is a little inconsistent at times however if you look at any goalie they ususally dont start to get into the prime & blossom until their mid 20's. If you look at when Osgood was origianlly with the Wings he was on a stacked team. The Pens while with Fleury the first 2-3 yrs really didnt have any proven talent in the league but alot of young raw talent. So i dont think that u can compare the 2 of them yet. I would say 5 yrs from now comepare what he has done to what Osgood did during those years.

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, I realise that your a Pens fan and you want your team to win. I also realise that your team dug a big hole for itself. While I love my team and am very confident that they will win the cup it is because they have proven it over and over. As far as being a homer who just thinks our players are superior to everyone elses...Not the case. Getzlaf played awsome against us. Gave the Wings a much tougher challenge than Crosby has. Iginla is a monster. Rick Nash is very good. Peter Forsberg was on our biggest rival through the 90s and I think he is one of the best to ever lace the skates. Roy was great. Brodeur is great. There are countless others. However in the current series there is the Zetterberg/Crosby match-up. Clearly Zetterberg is winning that one. If Datsyuk is coming back somewhat healthy he will be matched up against Malkin. Datsyuk is a Selke trophy winner and if I am not mistaken was 2nd in +/- at +34 this season. Malkin has 33 points in the playoffs but is only a +3. That means he is on the ice when the Pens get scored on alot. I love that matchup!

dude

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Malkin was a +17 during the regular season also Datsyuk is only a +4 in the playoffs. I believe the person you were referring too at a +3 was Crosby. I will also tell you this I am a Penguins fan as I grew up in Pgh & they are my team however my favorite team in the league is the Sabres. I am also on alot of peoples band wagons as to not liking Crosby as well. I think its because he is pretty good at what he does. I mean when Lemieux played I never really liked him either. I really do think after tonight the series will be tied tonight. I also think however wins game 5 will win the series.

BRS
OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was referring to Malkin's playoff stats. Malkin has 33 points and is a +3. Crosby has 29 points and is +10. However Crosby has 1 assist in this series and is -2. Datsyuk has had a slow playoffs. He has only played in 13 games. He has only 9 points which makes his +9 that much stronger of an indication that he plays well at both ends of the ice. He did however play 7 of those games vs Pronger and Niedermaier. There is nobody in the east as good as those guys. Certainly not on the Pens.

Malkin was a +17 during the regular season also Datsyuk is only a +4 in the playoffs. I believe the person you were referring too at a +3 was Crosby. I will also tell you this I am a Penguins fan as I grew up in Pgh & they are my team however my favorite team in the league is the Sabres. I am also on alot of peoples band wagons as to not liking Crosby as well. I think its because he is pretty good at what he does. I mean when Lemieux played I never really liked him either. I really do think after tonight the series will be tied tonight. I also think however wins game 5 will win the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NooPsyche CORAL LIGHT
Back