Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct Malkin did get an assist. I think the Wings would be glad to hold Crosby/Malkin to 1 assist per game. Playoff goals are usually bounces, chips, ect... The best team usually has the bounces go their way. However Abdekader's goal was a beautiful goal. He put it right up top far side after grabbing out of the air and placing it on the ice. Franzen's goal was a chip shot from behind that Fleury failed to stop. Stuart's was the only strange goal of the game.

I agree the game was good, it's sucks though that all of the goals Detroit goals were scored off of crazy bounces. I also would like to as that you need to check the score sheet as the goal that Fedotenko was in fact was a rebound off of a Malkin slapshot which Osgood gave up a rebound & Fedotenko capitalized on it.
user_online.gif
progress.gif

Last edited:
AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

Guardian of The Blue Glow
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume based on your location that your a Blackhawks fan. That team has a ton of young talent. I think they would have rolled right over Pittsburgh. If they can handle the salary cap a few years from now their future looks bright. Frankly I think the west is much better than the east. The Pens look better than they really are because they haven't played anybody. Their gonna get a clinic in this series.

was just messin with ya.

mhowe9

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. What kind of league want to showcase it's game by playing it's best players while they are tired and dehydrated? It makes no sense. No matter how young or old they are players burn an incredible amount of energy playing a game of hockey. Almost every time you see regular season games where one team is playing back to back that team loses. Both teams are in the same boat but it still is a bad idea. However Bettman is FULL of bad ideas.

Agree totally with you on Bettman. I think that he is damaging the quality of his product by quite of his decisions (including this one). I figure that TV has something to do with but still there is good chance we could see a game today with 2 tired teams.

Nutramar Foods

bheld1

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just going to point out that it is a goalies job to keep the puck out of the net and crazy bounces usually result in goals anyway. Whether the goals were "cheap" or not, fleury failed to do his job and the wings won--game one over!

...and game two is looking pretty good so far!

LETS GO WINGS!

Top Shelf Aquatics
AS
Avast
OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well their is an instigator penalty and a game misconduct for Malkin on the score sheet. By league rules he should be suspended for game 3. 93% of teams who win game 1 and 2 go on to win the Stanley Cup.

Looks like Malkin could have a suspension coming for taking an instigator penalty in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Last edited:
OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I just saw that. If he hadn't swung his stick at Zetterberg's head I would agree with it. If the Wings win game 3 and he loses his composure again it could be dangerous for him to be on the ice. The guy flipped his lid.:tongue:

TSN reports that the automatic one game suspension will be rescinded by the NHL.

Top Shelf Aquatics

raynist

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I just saw that. If he hadn't swung his stick at Zetterberg's head I would agree with it. If the Wings win game 3 and he loses his composure again it could be dangerous for him to be on the ice. The guy flipped his lid.:tongue:

I missed that, but I am sure I can see it on replays.

The Pens better show up in a big way on Tuesday or this could be over real quick.

The difference in the defense is incredible to watch. My wife said it looks like they are from different leagues, but I guess they are, Eastern Conf vs Western :(

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fight was actually pretty funny. 2 goons like Zetterberg and Malkin going at it. :haha: Malkin completely lost his mind it looked like to me. He attacked Zetterberg flailing his stick and throwing punches. Personally I think he should have been suspended but under the circumstances the stakes are pretty high. If it were a couple of roll players they would have been suspended for sure but it was a superstar and I am sure the league want's him on the ice for the Cup final.

I missed that, but I am sure I can see it on replays.

The Pens better show up in a big way on Tuesday or this could be over real quick.

The difference in the defense is incredible to watch. My wife said it looks like they are from different leagues, but I guess they are, Eastern Conf vs Western :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tank Stop
Back