Why is rollermat 1200 using so much fleece?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TK_KW

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have reefmat 1200. Love the design and simplicity. My problem is consumption on my second roll. I have it set to lowest advancement setting. It hangs on side of the sump. I have 2 cor 20s that do about 1120gph.

So the first roll consumption is what I expected at about three weeks use. My second roll, well that's concerning. Why is it using so much per day? Nothing has changed regarding feeding, bio load etc.

I've used 60' since I changed the roll this past wednesday

[HASH=1]#reefsquad[/HASH]

Screenshot_20230218_151519_ReefBeat.jpg Screenshot_20230218_151529_ReefBeat.jpg Screenshot_20230218_151539_ReefBeat.jpg

juiceguy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had the same issue with a certain batch of replacement rolls, I was burning through a replacement roll every 10 days! I ordered a few more replacement rolls and and now consumption has gone down drastically, so I do believe there are different micron ratings on certain rolls even though the package doesn't say anything about it being different.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TK_KW

TK_KW

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue with a certain batch of replacement rolls, I was burning through a replacement roll every 10 days! I ordered a few more replacement rolls and and now consumption has gone down drastically, so I do believe there are different micron ratings on certain rolls even though the package doesn't say anything about to being different.
Well that's irritating! Jesus for the price of these rolls, a little quality control would be expected.

juiceguy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well that's irritating! Jesus for the price of these rolls, a little quality control would be expected.
Tell me about it, I bought 6 rolls when I first purchased the reef mat and 4 more during the X-mas sales season. The 4 that i bought during the sale were the ones that were different, they were burning through 160in a day.
IMG_0997.PNG
IMG_0998.PNG

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your fleece usage shouldn't even be anywhere remotely this high. On my 750XXL with 49 fish I'm averaging less than 60" daily. A few things I'd possibly look at:

1. What do you have your advancement set to? Mine is set to 0.4-0.6" - which seems to yield the best results.
2. Are you running anything in the media caddy? (carbon, bio media, etc.) If so - ditch it. Chances are this has/is clogging up and otherwise restricting your water flow (which can double or even triple fleece usage).

OP
OP
TK_KW

TK_KW

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your fleece usage shouldn't even be anywhere remotely this high. On my 750XXL with 49 fish I'm averaging less than 60" daily. A few things I'd possibly look at:

1. What do you have your advancement set to? Mine is set to 0.4-0.6" - which seems to yield the best results.
2. Are you running anything in the media caddy? (carbon, bio media, etc.) If so - ditch it. Chances are this has/is clogging up and otherwise restricting your water flow (which can double or even triple fleece usage).
Advancement is set to its lowest. Nothing in bottom tray.

Redsea has advised me to do a factory reset, to rule out a software glitch. So when I went to forget device in my wifi app. I did so but reefmat still showed up in the reefbeat app. so went back to wifi setup, but now i cant reconnect ***.

Does anyway know what the wifi password is for the reefmat once its put into wifi setup mode?

Their process to do a factory reset is pretty ridiculous. Like how can it not be simplified.

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the past few days my fleece usage is up about 25% (from the normal 50-60" daily to 70-80"). I recently removed and thoroughly cleaned the ReefWave, but I also did a tremendous amount of in-sump and in-overflow cleaning (specifically, scraping of algae and a ton of spirobid worms) - so I'm expecting this to slowly ramp down a bit.

I also adjusted my gate valve so little (if any) water was trickling down the emergency overflow as I was ending up with a lot more unfiltered crap in my sump than desired. And I added two gyres to the main ReefMat/Bio Media chamber to ensure a lot more flow as well - so chances are a lot of the crap that previously would've lurked is getting blown back into the tank to be re-filtered.

rahre1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had a new mat run 2 days between 160-200” per day. I pulled out the carbon tray in the bottom that I was running Red Sea carbon (in their provided pouch), mat usage immediately plunged to about 30” per day. This may not be your specific problem if your tray is empty, but I hope others don’t experience that much wasted roll because of a flow-through issue in the tray (it was fresh carbon….apparently too much?).

OP
OP
TK_KW

TK_KW

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had a new mat run 2 days between 160-200” per day. I pulled out the carbon tray in the bottom that I was running Red Sea carbon (in their provided pouch), mat usage immediately plunged to about 30” per day. This may not be your specific problem if your tray is empty, but I hope others don’t experience that much wasted roll because of a flow-through issue in the tray (it was fresh carbon….apparently too much?).
Mine ended up being a bad set of rolls. Since replacements I had a roll last 41 days. And I have a heavy bio load. So Redses needs to sort out their inconsistencies

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NYOS
Back