Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed today that my clownfish have white bumps on their skin. Both clowns are the size of a quarter and less than a year old. I dont think it is velvet as the bumps are too big and not as numerous. I have shrimp and invers in my tank.

1: I have a 29 gallon display with HOB filters (floss, ceramic rings, skimmer, fuge) Do I need a UV sterilizer? If so I'm going to get a HOB UV Sterilizer attached to an 80/gph submersible pump.

2: I am planning on making a quarantine tank tonight, I'm going to go to walmart after work and pick up a cheap small beta tank, probably like 3-5 gallons. Will that be big enough? The fish are tiny and it's only the two of them in the tank right now. I have a air pump and stone ready and I'm going to get some PVC for the clowns to hide in. I plan to do one 75% water change daily with no filter, is that enough? (Unless the cheap tank comes with one)

3: Will I need anything more than 'Copper Power' from BRS to treat them with? I like them alot and I don't want to loose these two. I've had them for 3 weeks now. (I just started this tank (my first) last month.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20220811_070345.mp4
    58.5 MB
OP
OP
R

ReefWitch

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: the HOB UV filter and the copper and everything just arrived today. Only for the fish to have zero spots on them anymore, the bumps just vanished overnight. I am going to hold onto the copper in case it is like a cycle but send the UV back.

Upvote 0

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Torch SALE
Back