What is the lowest salinity you've had in your reef tank?

BRS

bee144

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you find that at? I’ve been searching for some info since they would not email me the batch information
If your bucket has a tiny silver logo saying new formula on it, you’ve got it.

there are other threads on here talking about it.

I believe the overall reaction is they might be using higher quality ingredients and thus it’s mixing quicker and better. At least with the blue bucket.

dirty_south87

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your bucket has a tiny silver logo saying new formula on it, you’ve got it.

there are other threads on here talking about it.

I believe the overall reaction is they might be using higher quality ingredients and thus it’s mixing quicker and better. At least with the blue bucket.
I’ll have to go look at it. What are the chances it’s messing with my parameters?

slythy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been running my tank at 1.023 because of bad cal fluid. They all read differently. I recently purchased a tropic marin hydrometer. I feel thats the best way to calibrate.

the whole reason i figured it out was when i did water changes my alk, cal and mag would drop. I thought i was chasing bad salt and switched to fritz. Same thing… turns out my refractometer read low. Since buying a hydrometer i havent had issues with levels.

Top Shelf Aquatics

dirty_south87

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running my tank at 1.023 because of bad cal fluid. They all read differently. I recently purchased a tropic marin hydrometer. I feel thats the best way to calibrate.

the whole reason i figured it out was when i did water changes my alk, cal and mag would drop. I thought i was chasing bad salt and switched to fritz. Same thing… turns out my refractometer read low. Since buying a hydrometer i havent had issues with levels.
My ammonia and nitrates are the ones being affected the most. Between 3 different types of test that all came fairly close to one another. I never had this issue until this bucket. I did have a slight drop in salinity while mixing so I have to mix more than what I used to

ryanjohn1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you find that at? I’ve been searching for some info since they would not email me the batch information
On here. I forgot which thread it was. Something about making it more/easier soluble. Apparently you need to add more salt mix now to get same numbers. I just know the last 2 buckets I’ve gotten have not held salinity. I had to run salt water in my ato. Unless I messed up my mix for the last 2 months. But I’ve been using coral pro for years

dirty_south87

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On here. I forgot which thread it was. Something about making it more/easier soluble. Apparently you need to add more salt mix now to get same numbers. I just know the last 2 buckets I’ve gotten have not held salinity. I had to run salt water in my ato. Unless I messed up my mix for the last 2 months. But I’ve been using coral pro for years
I had found myself to have the need to add more salt. At first I thought it was because I lost count and didn’t realize it. But that wasn’t the case

World Wide Corals

ryanjohn1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had found myself to have the need to add more salt. At first I thought it was because I lost count and didn’t realize it. But that wasn’t the case
This last bucket has all but convinced me to switch brands. Looking at that nyos salt

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

LA
Back