What gives you the ICH in the reefing hobby?

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Removing dead turbo snails that died upright. When you flip over the shell and all their decayed body comes dumping out of the shell and pollutes your tank. The smell will make you gag
Had to deal with that a few months ago when I was removing a dead snail from my tank.

merkmerk73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dips and h202 won’t get them all?
I did live rock only and tiny frags - most of which I dipped and certainly observed

18 months later and I start seeing small bristle worms underneath rocks

The traps don’t pull anything so it must be a low grade infestation (or predators) but I still loathe them

I want to pick up rocks with impunity and not feel like an inch long disgusting little critter will get me

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some things in your tank can just be gross to deal with! Maybe it is cleaning out that dirty filter sock, siphoning out tank water and accidentally tasting it, or maybe it is cleaning up a tank that has crashed. I am wondering what truly gives you the ICH. (it can be in your tank or just the hobby in general)

200w.webp
That wonderful smell from the collection cup of my skimmer ! I dry skim, so it is rather thick and nasty. Smells like a sewer main spilled into my living room.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back