Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@siggy I think we at least need a redneck milk crate screwed to the ladder to secure that, don't you?
Seems like a quick wrap or two with duct tape would secure it and really up the redneck factor.

Nutramar Foods

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a quick wrap or two with duct tape would secure it and really up the redneck factor.
I was gonna go there, but Robin will just let the saltwater degrade the duct tape, and we'd be in the same boat by April.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My galaxea isn't looking good... on head is dead and the rest is bleached. The duncans are also a bit pale and I have one dead head on them as well. I dropped the lights down some, but I don't understand how we are bleaching corals at the low level our lights are at. I'm beginning to not trust that Seneye and put some faith in that myth that Kessils don't report PAR correctly. I know its not Alk, as it's stable at 7.7 ish dKH, thats what the red sea mixes to and I dont really have any consumption yet. It's not a lack of nutrients, because we have too many of those. The only thing I can think that would cause that is too much light. At 40% intensity and probably 80-100 "PAR" im bleaching LPS. It just doesnt make sense. My acans still look great and the new zoas are still closed for the most part, altho a few polyps are trying to open up. That single incinerator zoa is still opening all the way up.
20171230_171933.jpg
20171230_171944.jpg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. That helps on pd. I worked a 2400-1200 before for those shifts where the worst. Sun rises were the best in Saudi. They were just gorgeous.

Top Shelf Aquatics

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a war going on in the tank. Chemical warfare possible?

The Red Green show whould support the use of duct tape. Remember we’re all in this together.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a war going on in the tank. Chemical warfare possible?

I mean I guess it's possible, but it all correlates to when I moved my lights from 35% to 40%... Even the BTA is shrunk a little bit. I'll toss some carbon in a bag and throw it in the return chamber. I'm not impressed with that media reactor at all. Very poor design. The stand pipe in the middle just kind of wobbles around and there's nothing to hold the carbon in place other than a sponge, so I have to reverse the flow thru the reactor or I get a big tornado of carbon swirling up to the top of the reactor. I think it might do ok with some bio balls, but I think this thing would be great as a chaeto ractor. Anything else and I'd say it's junk.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many kessils do you have running. Could it be too many for your tank?

Two. Wide open at the best color blend(60%) for par with no water movement we had a max of 280 par at the top of the rocks. I'm way more blue(30%) and only running 40% intensity, (at the time of the bleaching). I've backed the light back down to see if that was it. The acans are probably fine because they aren't directly under the lights. I'm gonna check PAR with the Seneye tomorrow at the different setpoints on my controller with the tank running and see how much light they are getting.
20171229_151522.jpg

Last edited:

najer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just took this to explain, just my opinion.
Excuse the reflection.

DSC05466 by sshipuk, on Flickr

Mine is in just about the lowest light spot in the tank, it loves flow.
IME you have 2 high power spot lights there, I don't know the lens config. of them, they are leds, they can be a "harsh" light by which I mean like a spot light.
Lps will either love or hate it, I would move it down and sideways a bit! :)

DSC05471 by sshipuk, on Flickr

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just took this to explain, just my opinion.
Excuse the reflection.

DSC05466 by sshipuk, on Flickr

Mine is in just about the lowest light spot in the tank, it loves flow.
IME you have 2 high power spot lights there, I don't know the lens config. of them, they are leds, they can be a "harsh" light by which I mean like a spot light.
Lps will either love or hate it, I would move it down and sideways a bit! :)

DSC05471 by sshipuk, on Flickr

I think that's is exactly what is happening. Even tho they are wide angle lights, there's a hot spot under them. I wish BRS did a spotlight on the A160WE, but they completely left it out when doing the light tests. I'll see about trying to reposition the corals. The duncans I think I can save, the galaxea looks like dog poop tho.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

JBJAquarium.com
Back