Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Fish may be coming soon[emoji102] Check out my thread...

Katrina, personally it’s a compliment, but I agree with Turtle about the Fucc Boii Part of it. Kind of a dousche move.

That’s interesting about the metals. Good news is their on the slow decline.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Fish may be coming soon[emoji102] Check out my thread...

Please, teach me your emoji magic, that's exciting about the fish. I'll have to go find your build thread again. I think it got buried on me.

Corals.com
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And yes, I'm southern...got junk in the trunk.
Cube steak, rice and gravy and fried okra will do that. Mmmm man I just had Mom's chicken bog and I just made myself hungry again.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys check this out...

December

Sn 34 ug/l
Ni 598ug/l
Mo 332ug/l
V 2422 ug/l
Ba 152ug/l
Al 21ug/l

April

Sn 2ug/l
Ni 41ug/l
Mo 55ug/l
V 1472ug/l
Ba 97ug/l
Al 49ug/l

Everything got lower but aluminum. Right now I'm thinking sand, or Marine Pure. One of which has been removed.
Very interesting. The first one was pre-polyfilter too, right? Any idea as far as how long between water changes and the samples? That could play a role, too.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting. The first one was pre-polyfilter too, right? Any idea as far as how long between water changes and the samples? That could play a role, too.

The first one was pre polyfilter, pre cuprisorb, pre purple coralline rock... no idea on the water changes for the first one. We may be able to search back and check water change and sample interval for this recent test. Might be able to do it for the December test. I think I was still doing a weekly 5g wc to combat crazy phosphates and algae issues.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first one was pre polyfilter, pre cuprisorb, pre purple coralline rock... no idea on the water changes for the first one. We may be able to search back and check water change and sample interval for this recent test. Might be able to do it for the December test. I think I was still doing a weekly 5g wc to combat crazy phosphates and algae issues.
I'm hoping the electron microscope can tell us something. We normally use it to determine the chemical composition of inclusion in steel. My only concern is that sand may not be able to be processed in a manner that can be read. I seem to remember them grinding the steel samples smooth prior to testing.

I'll see if I can get on answer on that on Monday.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did some digging thru the forum and ran across this. Soneone else was having problems with SPS and had vanadium in the 5-10ug/l range... we're up at 1400!

Most common sources of contamination for Vanadium are

Trace mixes
Salt mix
Reef Ceramics

siggy

I'm still swimming
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nickel vanadium is magnets no? Frag racks, power heads. that BM skimmer pump is suspect too, no telling its age.
Who was looking for the coral beauty? Was is @siggy? Hurry up that one is a stunner...
https://m.liveaquaria.com/divers-den/product/404746/coral-beauty-angelfish
Not getting fish for a while FYI Im pretty sure I got velvet from LA, one of the fish look like like chit and he was the first to go mia.

I don't see why not... looks, smells and feels just like Fiji mud. Haven't tasted either of them so I can't judge that. I will tell you that the water here is heavy with silt. Its brown almost year round except in the dead of winter it goes clear.
I would not put that in my tank, too much urban runoff like Yard fertilizers (nitrates/Phosphates), acid rain, mercury and the holy grail of pollutants PCB'S. I don't think Fuji has those issues.

Corals.com

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like, I want her to ask me if I'm gonna eat my cornbread... hahahahaha. But not unhealthy, 'busted can of buscuits' curvy, that's just gross.
Such a funny movie! Wanted to link the scene but id probably get flagged for language.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nickel vanadium is magnets no? Frag racks, power heads. that BM skimmer pump is suspect too, no telling its age.

I would not put that in my tank, too much urban runoff like Yard fertilizers (nitrates/Phosphates), acid rain, mercury and the holy grail of pollutants PCB'S. I don't think Fuji has those issues.

Skimmer is just over a year old. Was used for 6 months on my 75, cleaned and put in storage then brought back out for Deep Blue.

Like I said I'm gonna do an experiment with this stuff behind the house. I know places off the beaten path way back up in the salt creeks where you could possibly get stuck in a small boat because the tide turned. That's where I'll go to get more, should my experiment go well.

Sorry you have velvet, I went thru that last year. Its why my 75 is shut down. Went thru QT, DT fallow for x amount of time. Put fish back in and velvet round 2. Pulled fish back out, shut down display. Lost my first golden moray to hardwood potato chip disease, coral beauty baby didn't make it to the first QT treatment. Died in 6 hours from seeing symptoms. Traded two tangs in, clowns went in the 14g.

Top Shelf Aquatics

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I love the angels, than you folks in the deep blue showed me the ways of the wrasse. Now I’ve got delimas tanks are full and I want wrasse. :(

Need to convince Heather my wife to start a third sw. that will make 4 tanks. ;)

@siggy Good luck on the velvet. I just beat it. It was in my fowlr so no reef that helped.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I’ve got delimas tanks are full and I want wrasse. :( Need to convince Heather my wife to start a third sw. that will make 4 tanks. ;)[/QUOTE said:
Good Luck with that!! ;Wideyed Honestly thats how many ive got running now and its really too much work. One or two always get neglected while your focus is elsewhere. Then if life gets busy “fugedaboutit” (in my best Donnie Brasco voice) its all over for one of them.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

First Choice
Back