Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple thoughts this morning. Id like to see Turtle try lowering light intensity to say 40% and see what happens with a small piece of SPS. I feel like those kessils are stronger than the Par numbers say they are and if ATI comes back normal then there isnt much else to check.

@Katrina71 I’ll send you the laser to use for a bit. I only just got it myself and need it another week or so. In the meantime you can share this with your aiptasia

Top Shelf Aquatics

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let em know whos boss!

4F04406E-3982-41C8-8AA5-C8DBB34623CA.gif

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple thoughts this morning. Id like to see Turtle try lowering light intensity to say 40% and see what happens with a small piece of SPS. I feel like those kessils are stronger than the Par numbers say they are and if ATI comes back normal then there isnt much else to check.

@Katrina71 I’ll send you the laser to use for a bit. I only just got it myself and need it another week or so. In the meantime you can share this with your aiptasia
How well is that laser working for you? And is it as fun as it looks?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How well is that laser working for you? And is it as fun as it looks?
So far im impressed with it! We’ll see if the dead come back to life with vengeance though.
Aside from a handful of aptasia ive zapped a small patch of rouge xenia and a few blue cloves. It looks like it worked on them too but again time will tell for sure. I zapped a couple appys growing off of some monit and the monti was unfazed which was cool.

And yes its kinda fun to use!! Kind of addicting really. Its probably a good thing the batteries only last 10 minutes or so before needing a charge. I didnt have too much to zap to begin with.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

40%, aye captain.

Sorry, been playing a bunch of Sea of Thieves lately. Well, that and I'm about to break out the rum. :) Nothing like a week off to start day drinking.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40%, aye captain.

Sorry, been playing a bunch of Sea of Thieves lately. Well, that and I'm about to break out the rum. :) Nothing like a week off to start day drinking.
I've had so little time to be a pirate lately. The game really is addictive though!

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would that laser take out digitate hydroids you think?

Fenbendazole, make sure you follow directions. There are a few threads on here about it's usage. Amazon sells a fishbendazole product that is as reefsafe as it gets, still kills some snails and polyp corals. Zoas are unaffected .

Last edited:
Avast

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen you on several times but you're never pirating... :(

I'm levels 31/29/25 now.
I am probably streaming a Cubs game while working on something else. I'm still only like 17/15/10. ;Dummy

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am probably streaming a Cubs game while working on something else. I'm still only like 17/15/10. ;Dummy

Cubs? I work with a guy that's a Cubs fan. He was all kinds of happy when they broke the goat curse. If I had to pick a major league team it would be the Braves. Usually only watch the college games. Been a while since I was really in to it, USC hasn't been doing too hot since our '10-'11 back to back CWS wins. With Tanner taking the AD job, losing a bunch of seniors and Hollbrook not turning ot to be the coach he was supposed to be... our program needs some work.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cubs? I work with a guy that's a Cubs fan. He was all kinds of happy when they broke the goat curse. If I had to pick a major league team it would be the Braves. Usually only watch the college games. Been a while since I was really in to it, USC hasn't been doing too hot since our '10-'11 back to back CWS wins. With Tanner taking the AD job, losing a bunch of seniors and Hollbrook not turning ot to be the coach he was supposed to be... our program needs some work.
I was born and raised in Chicago. My dad was a White Sox fan but he would get free tickets from work for both Cubs and Sox games. Wrigley was just a better experience. Not to mention that back then the Cubs played all day games so I watched much more of them during the summer than I did the Sox.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was born and raised in Chicago. My dad was a White Sox fan but he would get free tickets from work for both Cubs and Sox games. Wrigley was just a better experience. Not to mention that back then the Cubs played all day games so I watched much more of them during the summer than I did the Sox.

My granddaddy was a Braves fan from way back. He would sit and watch old Braves games on VHS. Had all kinds of old baseball cards that I now have half of(my cousin that is about the same age got the other half). We took him to a Braves game at Turner field several years back. I think he was in his late 80s, he lived to 92. It was my first time being at a major league game. I wanted a beer, but I wasn't paying $8 for a 12oz. plastic bottle. That's one thing I wish they had at college games, not at the $8 price tag tho. I think it was a weekend series with the Diamondbacks. There was a kid from Hartsville, SC on their team playing left field. A bunch of his family was sitting down from us a few rows. Kinda cool, kid close to home playing in the majors and all his aunts uncles and cousins were at the game.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My granddaddy was a Braves fan from way back. He would sit and watch old Braves games on VHS. Had all kinds of old baseball cards that I now have half of(my cousin that is about the same age got the other half). We took him to a Braves game at Turner field several years back. I think he was in his late 80s, he lived to 92. It was my first time being at a major league game. I wanted a beer, but I wasn't paying $8 for a 12oz. plastic bottle. That's one thing I wish they had at college games, not at the $8 price tag tho. I think it was a weekend series with the Diamondbacks. There was a kid from Hartsville, SC on their team playing left field. A bunch of his family was sitting down from us a few rows. Kinda cool, kid close to home playing in the majors and all his aunts uncles and cousins were at the game.
I was at the home opener for the last season at Turner. Haven't been to the new stadium yet. I have a few friends in the area that are big Braves fans. My understanding is that they have dropped concession prices way down at the new stadium. It's supposed to be much more reasonable. It's one of the reasons the Braves moved, they wanted more control of what happened in the stadium that Atlanta was willing to give them.

BRS
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at the home opener for the last season at Turner. Haven't been to the new stadium yet. I have a few friends in the area that are big Braves fans. My understanding is that they have dropped concession prices way down at the new stadium. It's supposed to be much more reasonable. It's one of the reasons the Braves moved, they wanted more control of what happened in the stadium that Atlanta was willing to give them.

I need to make it to the new stadium. My dad gets Gamecocks baseball season tickets every year. His seats are on 1st base line behind dugout. Half way up bleachers. I usually get tossed tickets for a game when Mom and Dad can't make it.

Why not, is it all the waste from his food? Or he is just rubbing the corals too much. What corals has he killed so far?

Oh its not Maui that is the problem. His little piddly eating isn't enough to mess with my nutrients and he stays under the rocks out of sight 99% of the time. The tank itself is the killer. Most everything that goes in is dead within 2 weeks. Hardier stuff 3. Should have named it Christine instead of Deep Blue.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaCave Logo Banner

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys crack me up! It still amazes me how much knowledge is right here in this thread and everybody has a great sense of humor too. It has been a pleasure learning from y'all. Btw, I'm wearing my pirate costume right now.

Last edited:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Zoanthids.com
Back