Trident NP testing frequency

lazidog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone out there tweak the NP's programming to test less frequently, like every other day. I did something similar with my original Trident but not sure how to push the testing past daily.

rtparty

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The reagents expire around 60 days so there is no benefit testing less. You will just throw excess reagent away

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone out there tweak the NP's programming to test less frequently, like every other day. I did something similar with my original Trident but not sure how to push the testing past daily.

As noted it already tests once per day. Outside of forcing it off, off, via a smart or controlled outlet it is designed for once per day. Juice isn't worth the squeeze.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my understanding is 3rd bottle 3A and 3B need to be mixed. once these bottles are opened and mixed they have a 60 day use life then they are not good and you need to replace them with the new 3A and 3B.
At 1 test per day 3A will only last 60 days.
When i placed my 3A bottle in the trident, it said good for 62 tests.

OP
OP
lazidog

lazidog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As noted it already tests once per day. Outside of forcing it off, off, via a smart or controlled outlet it is designed for once per day. Juice isn't worth the squeeze.
I do it with a simple programming alteration on my other Trident, saves a ton of money. I hate giving those Neptune lazy bloodsuckers any more than i have to.
The juice would be worth the squeeze, the only reason they test daily is to make more money off of reagent. Waste of money to test daily, as long as the reagent is good for longer the system wont dry out of notice doubling the time between tests. I would rather spend my money wisely.

OP
OP
lazidog

lazidog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my understanding is 3rd bottle 3A and 3B need to be mixed. once these bottles are opened and mixed they have a 60 day use life then they are not good and you need to replace them with the new 3A and 3B.
At 1 test per day 3A will only last 60 days.
When i placed my 3A bottle in the trident, it said good for 62 tests.
the magic 60 day life, is there testing to back this up, if they only last 60 days it is likely that environmental conditions could cause them to last less than 60 days. I am sorry that i just dont trust Neptune, i have been stretching out my trident tests for years, they dont make it easy for the sole reason of selling more reagent. does anyone make Ca, Mg, Alk decisions any differently with multiple tests in one day, if so i would like to know why. I have been testing nitrate and phosphate weekly for years with my Mastertronic but am tired of dealing with it as I do not feel it is a consumer level product, maybe the Mastertronic 2 will be better.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do it with a simple programming alteration on my other Trident, saves a ton of money. I hate giving those Neptune lazy bloodsuckers any more than i have to.
The juice would be worth the squeeze, the only reason they test daily is to make more money off of reagent. Waste of money to test daily, as long as the reagent is good for longer the system wont dry out of notice doubling the time between tests. I would rather spend my money wisely.

You could have purchased a Hanna phosphate and nitrate checker for a fraction of the cost and tested at your schedule. Sounds like the NP is not for you.

OP
OP
lazidog

lazidog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could have purchased a Hanna phosphate and nitrate checker for a fraction of the cost and tested at your schedule. Sounds like the NP is not for you.
Thanks for the great input

OP
OP
lazidog

lazidog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changed my testing schedule to 4x/wk from daily, will see how it goes, been running a few days this way with no issues. May go to 3x/wk but no lower for now.

rtparty

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
the magic 60 day life, is there testing to back this up, if they only last 60 days it is likely that environmental conditions could cause them to last less than 60 days. I am sorry that i just dont trust Neptune, i have been stretching out my trident tests for years, they dont make it easy for the sole reason of selling more reagent. does anyone make Ca, Mg, Alk decisions any differently with multiple tests in one day, if so i would like to know why. I have been testing nitrate and phosphate weekly for years with my Mastertronic but am tired of dealing with it as I do not feel it is a consumer level product, maybe the Mastertronic 2 will be better.

Yes, testing has been done and I’ve seen multiple third party chemists talk about it. It’s the acid that’s isn’t stable for more than 60 days. This same issue will be present with the Maven when it’s released.

Same process happens with the Hanna alkalinity reagent. It’s an acid and CO2 degrades it once opened.

OP
OP
lazidog

lazidog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you change the schedule?
They have designed the trident programming to make it difficult but there are instructions for the old trident all over the place and the process is the same except you change the days of testing rather than frequency once you identify the outlet number coresponding to your trident.

jneuringer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you change the schedule?
I now have my NP. I so far have it on manual only. I am doing Monday Wednesday Friday Sunday. But how do I program that? Can you PM me? Also. On the in between days the NP flashes “No test in 24 hours” in fusion app. You too?

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I now have my NP. I so far have it on manual only. I am doing Monday Wednesday Friday Sunday. But how do I program that? Can you PM me? Also. On the in between days the NP flashes “No test in 24 hours” in fusion app. You too?

This is expected because you are using it outside of its design of one test per day.

jneuringer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have designed the trident programming to make it difficult but there are instructions for the old trident all over the place and the process is the same except you change the days of testing rather than frequency once you identify the outlet number coresponding to your trident.
Got a link to the instructions?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back