Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you search the forums here you will find reported potassium increase from it and Randy also warns everyone to monitor potassium if using this product.

I used this product for a month and it raised my potassium levels. Confirmed via ICP testing

While not exactly definitive just searching on these forums, I asked randy a few posts ago if he knew ,with no response, so I took that as the answer.
I have also tracked it with red sea test and icp test and I'm not positive that neonitro is not contributing at very small amounts but it is hard for me to see a difference when im also needing to dose potassium semi regularly. But unless some one has tested neonitro by itself or in a control, all those reports could have had additions of potassium from some other source also, or in correct testing or any number of scenarios . Also of course randy is right to say monitor potassium because it's a good possibility it could contain potassium, but it is unknown because brightwell doesn't disclose their ingredients. :)

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use products with unknown content, therefore i don't have to believe.
For N+ i use calciumnitrate and for P+ I use Na2HPO4. All bought from a chemical distributor inclusive analytic certificate for each batch. Reef additives are so overpriced, even though i am buying p.a. purity it is still way cheaper than commercial stuff.
I guess that's why there's options to suit everyone. :)

CLICK TO VIEW

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Asking generally, but is there anything to lose by feeding reef roids or AB+ for a triple hit of nitrate, phosphate and coral growth?

Not really, aside perhaps from increased organics and yellowing of the water.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think potassium is in neonitro? I agree with you but, I do use this product currently.

Im not concerned about the potassium in it. I’m hoping they are smart enough to make it 96% sodium and 4% potassium, which is a good ratio.

Nutramar Foods

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer sodium nitrate dosing. I’m mixing 53grams with 500ml of rodi. I dose 8ml/day of that solution to achieve 6ppm reading in 230g of water volume. 18 fish, dozens of colonies. I feel it’s easily controlled and cheaper than adding quarantined fish.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Atlantik Icon  reef aquarium LED Bar
Back