Through Highs and Lows, There are Always Zoas: Do you have Zoanthids in your Aquarium?

Do you have Zoanthids in your Aquarium? Why or why not?

• Yes, I love Zoas!

Votes: 106 68.8%
  • I like them, but I don't have them in my aquarium.

Votes: 26 16.9%
  • No, they're overrated.

Votes: 13 8.4%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 9 5.8%

• Total voters

JoJosReef

10kW Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude how much time did it take you to write this?? This is some serious commitment…
Just kidding. I copied that from someone's post in the Socali forum. I don't even know what most of that word salad means.

fishnchips17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got zoas climbing over my rocks and starting to climb on my back wall.
PXL_20240921_010045545.jpg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just kidding. I copied that from someone's post in the Socali forum. I don't even know what most of that word salad means.
That's an OG awesome tactic for examining a serious,, subject.

I have some floating in a bag in the reef but I am going to let them go in the fish tank and see of they survive or die like all the others have? No way am I gonna let them loose where they might get out of hand.

Easter Eggs Oops GIF by Zoo Berlin
:cool::rolleyes:

ChrisfromBrick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like you took the wrong approach. Easy zoas don't work for you. High end zoas do! You need some SBB Hephaestus, Great Owls, LSOH, ASD Adonis, SBB ultimate space monster, SBB Valyrian steel, Godbeast, Dayglo Volcano, SBB Oscar the Grouch, SBB Deadpool Strat, SBB Marvin the Martian, Aqua Ops Troposphere, JF Bloodshot, ASD Leprechaun, SBB Thermosphere, Delirium, Mesosphere, GMK, CK Bozo Birthday, WWC Black Orchid, Golden Leopard, Solar Circus, SBB Dragon glass, HR Death Star, OG Wolverine, Fairy Farts, Exosphere, Aztecs, Flaming Brohican, Iridium Flare, Atomic Bloodshot, Speckled Krak, IA Burning Ember, Hallucination, Reverse Bozo Birthday, RR Koala Eyes, Pirates Blood, Llama Snack, Frankie’s Acid Trip, Gummi Worm, Space Witch, CC Rainbow Rhino, Blue Rhino, CK Soul Sucker, GB Princess Strat, Sticker Shock, Black Magic, TSA Warp Drive, BSA Hyper Nova, Sikh Warrior, White Zombie, Grinch, Emerald Maul, Widow Maker, Kamakaze Kush, Helix Nebula, Venom (X), SBB Aphrodite, CB White Walkers, Queen Strats, Eye of the Tiger, CB El Corazón and Pandoras.
except great owl zoas are like $100 pp. There are popular higher end zoas and then the absurdly priced ones that will be $5 pp in a few years

Barncat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd be hard-pressed to find a reefer that hasn't owned a Zoanthid at some point in their reefing journey. Why? Well, they're relatively hardy corals and low maintenance. They are usually reasonably priced and can be quite a beautiful addition to an aquascape. But are they worthy of all the hype? Let's talk about it...

Do you have Zoanthids in your Aquarium? Why or why not?

But I Cant Help It That Im Popular Mean Girls GIF by filmeditor
I was originally dead set against zoanthids due to palytoxin, then some ended up in my tank anyway and now I'm hooked.

I love my zoas, they're gorgeous!❤️

IMG_2307.jpeg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would have voted differently - had there been a different 'no' option. I'm do not think they are overrated - but - I do not personally care for them as compared to other LPS and SPS. Additionally, like GSP they can tend to spread, and I'm not thrilled about having to pull some out now and then. however many are beautiful. I have had many over the years.

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other

I was in the hobby for over a decade before I decided to try out Zoas. I still don't know exactly how I feel about them. I can't figure out exactly what makes them explode in population, then not grow for months. I currently have 3 varieties of Zoas.

PXL_20230804_172250491~2.jpg
PXL_20230927_203542146.jpg

BristleWormHater

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoas have never done well for me. I do enjoy the different colors and the way it carpets the rock but when you buy "easy" Zoas and they die... I just was done with them.
I haven't bought any yet, I almost did buy two in SBB's last sale but I ended up getting a blasto instead and I dont regret it.
20240927_122203.jpg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I haven't bought any yet, I almost did buy two in SBB's last sale but I ended up getting a blasto instead and I dont regret it.
20240927_122203.jpg
I prefer Blastos over Zoas any day.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back