Through Highs and Lows, There are Always Zoas: Do you have Zoanthids in your Aquarium?

Do you have Zoanthids in your Aquarium? Why or why not?

• Yes, I love Zoas!

Votes: 106 68.8%
  • I like them, but I don't have them in my aquarium.

Votes: 26 16.9%
  • No, they're overrated.

Votes: 13 8.4%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 9 5.8%

• Total voters

AlyciaMarie

Where's my anemone?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd be hard-pressed to find a reefer that hasn't owned a Zoanthid at some point in their reefing journey. Why? Well, they're relatively hardy corals and low maintenance. They are usually reasonably priced and can be quite a beautiful addition to an aquascape. But are they worthy of all the hype? Let's talk about it...

Do you have Zoanthids in your Aquarium? Why or why not?

But I Cant Help It That Im Popular Mean Girls GIF by filmeditor

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm not a fan of Zoas usually but I do have 1. I won a single polyp back in December from Sunset Reefing.

IMG_20240906_150507214.jpg

Sorry it's really blue - I didn't use a filter.

ChrisfromBrick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not a fan of Zoas usually but I do have 1. I won a single polyp back in December from Sunset Reefing.

IMG_20240906_150507214.jpg

Sorry it's really blue - I didn't use a filter.
not being a fan of zoas is like not being a fan of pizza. It just doesnt make sense. (jk)

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
not being a fan of zoas is like not being a fan of pizza. It just doesnt make sense. (jk)
Zoas have never done well for me. I do enjoy the different colors and the way it carpets the rock but when you buy "easy" Zoas and they die... I just was done with them.

xitsmike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to keep them, but I'm really wary of palytoxin and decided not to get any for my new tank.

Whilst the chances are small, I have heard horrible stories and I wouldn't want to risk it.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Eagle Eyes, Pandoras, Mohawks, and Radioactive Dragon Eyes

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This looks great man! Try some that you actually like though in regard to color etc ..
I killed that rock when I tore down my last tank. Didn't feel like transferring them to the new tank... I'm a horrible person?

EliMelly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I killed that rock when I tore down my last tank. Didn't feel like transferring them to the new tank... I'm a horrible person?
Nah I did the same thing with a whole colony of AOI zoas. Or maybe we’re both horrible people

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having my best success from my zoas, especially the high end ones (stratospheres, great owls, god beast, ect). They have all gone from 1-2polyps to mini colonies in just a few months. My Acroporas are taking their time…

JoJosReef

10kW Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoas have never done well for me. I do enjoy the different colors and the way it carpets the rock but when you buy "easy" Zoas and they die... I just was done with them.
Looks like you took the wrong approach. Easy zoas don't work for you. High end zoas do! You need some SBB Hephaestus, Great Owls, LSOH, ASD Adonis, SBB ultimate space monster, SBB Valyrian steel, Godbeast, Dayglo Volcano, SBB Oscar the Grouch, SBB Deadpool Strat, SBB Marvin the Martian, Aqua Ops Troposphere, JF Bloodshot, ASD Leprechaun, SBB Thermosphere, Delirium, Mesosphere, GMK, CK Bozo Birthday, WWC Black Orchid, Golden Leopard, Solar Circus, SBB Dragon glass, HR Death Star, OG Wolverine, Fairy Farts, Exosphere, Aztecs, Flaming Brohican, Iridium Flare, Atomic Bloodshot, Speckled Krak, IA Burning Ember, Hallucination, Reverse Bozo Birthday, RR Koala Eyes, Pirates Blood, Llama Snack, Frankie’s Acid Trip, Gummi Worm, Space Witch, CC Rainbow Rhino, Blue Rhino, CK Soul Sucker, GB Princess Strat, Sticker Shock, Black Magic, TSA Warp Drive, BSA Hyper Nova, Sikh Warrior, White Zombie, Grinch, Emerald Maul, Widow Maker, Kamakaze Kush, Helix Nebula, Venom (X), SBB Aphrodite, CB White Walkers, Queen Strats, Eye of the Tiger, CB El Corazón and Pandoras.

EliMelly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looks like you took the wrong approach. Easy zoas don't work for you. High end zoas do! You need some SBB Hephaestus, Great Owls, LSOH, ASD Adonis, SBB ultimate space monster, SBB Valyrian steel, Godbeast, Dayglo Volcano, SBB Oscar the Grouch, SBB Deadpool Strat, SBB Marvin the Martian, Aqua Ops Troposphere, JF Bloodshot, ASD Leprechaun, SBB Thermosphere, Delirium, Mesosphere, GMK, CK Bozo Birthday, WWC Black Orchid, Golden Leopard, Solar Circus, SBB Dragon glass, HR Death Star, OG Wolverine, Fairy Farts, Exosphere, Aztecs, Flaming Brohican, Iridium Flare, Atomic Bloodshot, Speckled Krak, IA Burning Ember, Hallucination, Reverse Bozo Birthday, RR Koala Eyes, Pirates Blood, Llama Snack, Frankie’s Acid Trip, Gummi Worm, Space Witch, CC Rainbow Rhino, Blue Rhino, CK Soul Sucker, GB Princess Strat, Sticker Shock, Black Magic, TSA Warp Drive, BSA Hyper Nova, Sikh Warrior, White Zombie, Grinch, Emerald Maul, Widow Maker, Kamakaze Kush, Helix Nebula, Venom (X), SBB Aphrodite, CB White Walkers, Queen Strats, Eye of the Tiger, CB El Corazón and Pandoras.
Dude how much time did it take you to write this?? This is some serious commitment…

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back