Things have sure changed in 30 years..

hatred_inc.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
My name is Eric, and I go by “hatred_inc.”.
I’m new to this forum, and thought I’d introduce myself.
30 years ago I had I very successful setup of FWLR and Reef tanks. Had about 600 gallons of flowing water, and also had 200 gallons of flowing water for my fw Discus tanks.
Anyway, life happens and I was forced away from the hobby. Now I’m searching my options to re-enter this, but holy ****, things have changed and I’m a newbie all over again…

Anyway… HELLO

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AaaR2R2.gif

Yes it has! I'm only 12 years out from my last tank and I started out LOST. What I did remember was outdated and the rest of my knowledge base was forgotten. So for the last six months I've been studying. Bigtime. You're gonna marvel at the new equipment out there now. Get ready to be amazed at the automation available now. LOL, and the price of livestock. But I digress........So.......

Greetings and Welcome to our collective obsession!!!!

petcellar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
30 years ago I had I very successful setup of FWLR and Reef tanks. Had about 600 gallons of flowing water, and also had 200 gallons of flowing water for my fw Discus tanks.
Anyway, life happens and I was forced away from the hobby. Now I’m searching my options to re-enter this, but holy ****, things have changed and I’m a newbie all over again…

Anyway… HELLO
Welcome!

I can sympathize with that feeling. I haven't been out of reefing for nearly that long, and I feel I have to learn everything over from scratch.

Seems like most of what I thought I knew has either been debunked outright or otherwise refined...

I'm excited to get back going again though!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

Solo McReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

Anyway… HELLO
They sell small cut up corals called "frags", now

And people add, actually pour in, nitrate and phosphate deliberately to their tanks, now

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back