Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is 30 meters under the ocean. His hands are green blue but the rubix is still red, yellow ect , why because white light is still reaching down 30 meters, carrying the red and yellow spectrums with it. That is over 3× your 9 meters!
This is a completely unretouched photo. Lol

Shooter6

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a completely unretouched photo. Lol
It's hilarious that this hobby has become so infected with led lit color enhanced pictures and videos that you immediately jump to the conclusion that there has to be color modification to any and all pics/video.

It's a real chitty issue. Do you remember when that wasn't a thing in this hobby or did you come into it when that was already a normal thing?

Shooter6

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biggest question was "was that really 100ft depth"?
Anyways this is 100ft. Thought you might like it..Nice fluorescence.
Camera lights make it hard to tell the natural lighting. Also does not appear to be mid day . Looking at rhe picture I am guessing it's at pearl harbor. And at retreat, which puts it around 1700hrs 5pm.

Do you have any insight?

oreo54

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Camera lights make it hard to tell the natural lighting. Also does not appear to be mid day . Looking at rhe picture I am guessing it's at pearl harbor. And at retreat, which puts it around 1700hrs 5pm.

Do you have any insight?
As an instructor aren't you setting a bad example to your students by standing on a wreck like that? Especially one such as the Speigel Grove, sunk specifically to be an artificial reef.

See reddit link in my above post..
Silly people giving him a hard time for standing on it..

fun with high powered lights and flourescence...
Cropped to improve composition.. or save space..;)
speigel.JPG

Last edited:

crit21

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are relying on graphs made by others to make a point. How about you stick your camera under water at 3 meters, and a white board and take a picture. Or even better get down there with the white board and open your eyes and see what that board looks l

My biggest question was "was that really 100ft depth"?
Anyways this is 100ft. Thought you might like it..Nice fluorescence.
Does anybody else notice the side lighting coming from the direction of the camera?

crit21

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Shooter6

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

crit21

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hilarious that this hobby has become so infected with led lit color enhanced pictures and videos that you immediately jump to the conclusion that there has to be color modification to any and all pics/video.

It's a real chitty issue. Do you remember when that wasn't a thing in this hobby or did you come into it when that was already a normal thing?
I remember when people realized that fluorescence was a real thing. I also remember all of the studies and hypotheses that sought to determine the biological purpose for fluorescence. I love the pop my corals get from the "punch" they get from the blue spectrum.

crit21

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have a point then? Funny you prefer the white lighting of the camera to the blue water and setting sunlight..
I thought the point was that without artificial lighting, filtration, or digital processing, the photos below just a few feet are predominantly blue, and the red is completely gone. Wasn't that the purpose of the "discussion"?

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back