The History of Hawaii's Aquarium Collection

WinnSanho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I've had a growing interest in the state of Hawaii's aquarium collection. I'm sure many of us have our own thoughts regarding where we would like to see how Hawaii should address this concern. However I also believe that a great number of us are unaware of the progression it has gone over the years, especially those who are not involved with our hobby. So in the pursuit of this I have been doing some research on the history of aquarium collection in the hope of producing a video.

My current outline is:
1. The history of fish/aquarium collection in Hawaii (1950-Present)
2. The prospective of both sides
3. My own views

For the sake of objectivity, I do not wish to present any statistics that have no documentation. (There are a few that others have claimed that I will be refuting)

I would love to hear your opinions and if there are any documents (studies, public announcements, etc.) or other individuals I can reach out to.

William Chiavetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't have any idea of anything about this subject. Where can I find it once you upload the video?

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this going to be more of a history documentary or mainly a presentation of recent research findings. If I were you, Id make it more about the history because the research is openly available online and pretty easy to understand. A historical documentary would be more interesting and something people can't access quickly.

OP
OP
W

WinnSanho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@William Chiavetta I can post an update/yt video here and will probably make a new thread.

@livinlifeinBKK It will probably be a series of videos, but I do want to make a purely historical one. I think it's important for us in understand how both the native Hawaiian people and non-hobbyist feel about the full situation. Honestly, I do understand some of their outrage but I genuinely think it's directed at the wrong people.

I'm glad you guys are interested! I do want to get in touch with a local ichthyologist and someone with Earth Justice. So I've got quite a bit on my plate haha.

William Chiavetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@William Chiavetta I can post an update/yt video here and will probably make a new thread.

@livinlifeinBKK It will probably be a series of videos, but I do want to make a purely historical one. I think it's important for us in understand how both the native Hawaiian people and non-hobbyist feel about the full situation. Honestly, I do understand some of their outrage but I genuinely think it's directed at the wrong people.

I'm glad you guys are interested! I do want to get in touch with a local ichthyologist and someone with Earth Justice. So I've got quite a bit on my plate haha.
This sounds so fun!!! I'm excited!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back