+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

((FORDTECH)), please give us you're thought's on the Hanna HR.​

I'm tired of trying to read shades of pink/purple. I'm using the Tropic Marin nitrate kit.
So just finished using tester first time and it’s exactly the same procedure as the ulr phosphate tester except 7 min wait time instead of 3 min for phosphate. It’s very easy and accurate. I used my nyos test kit right after and had same test results so I believe it’s accurate.

Top Shelf Aquatics

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nyos over rs unless you need super low range. The problem with low range RS kit is that the kit has 2-3 usable bands and you have to dilute till you fall into one so it can take 30min+ to test and take 3-4 shots to find your range.
Also agree on the Hanna vials, they have a new design but at $4 a vial you would think they could get the line correct
So your saying I could buy a new vial from Hanna and the line is then correct for 4 $?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just finished using tester first time and it’s exactly the same procedure as the ulr phosphate tester except 7 min wait time instead of 3 min for phosphate. It’s very easy and accurate. I used my nyos test kit right after and had same test results so I believe it’s accurate.
Crazy to me this is a new tester just came out on market and not supposta be delivered to us till July and they still put the old vials in with inaccurate 10ml marks on vial smh

Top Shelf Aquatics

chiefifd

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the shout-out. I personally don't have an issue with the LR Hanna Phospate Checker. Just have everything ready to go, cut the pouch as directed, and no problem with it timing out.
I think I'll invest in one of the new Hanna Nitrate checkers, the extra time just allows for time to check over other items around the tank.
Have a great weekend all.....;Happy

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that you have had it for a while, what do you think? Should this be the one I buy?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that you have had it for a while, what do you think? Should this be the one I buy?
Yes I love the tester it is great to get an actual number instead of having to interpret a color and then only have a range not exact. My only issue is the regents still on backorder. But that should be fixed soon enough.

Top Shelf Aquatics

JakeAndAmanda

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I love the tester it is great to get an actual number instead of having to interpret a color and then only have a range not exact. My only issue is the regents still on backorder. But that should be fixed soon enough.
So it’s now December, still the tester you would choose again?

Top Shelf Aquatics

jcolliii

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salifert .
IMO it’s the easiest and repeatable .

I bought the Hanna checker and hate it !
Such a pita !
100% agree with this. Salifert test - super quick, super easy, and two ways to read the results. I really dislike the checkers - at least the three that I bought. Sold them all and will never go back. If they did away 100% with powdered reagents, I might reconsider, but as-is the procedure is too hokey.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Hannah and really like it. The one negative is the longer wait time, but if you start it as your first test you can just do the others while you wait for the result. The test takes 9-10 minutes total to run. It takes this long because you put in a powder and shake for 2 minutes. Then the machine takes 7 minutes to run.

Nutramar Foods
World Wide Corals

FMF0331

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hanna ULR nitrate checker is such a huge PITA, I gave mine away. Takes to long to run the test, way to many procedures

Remember one thing... Reefing is a lesson in patience. If you can't wait 10 minutes for a test to complete, reefing may not be for you.
I also have the Hanna checker, purchased it 4 months ago ... it came with 25 test. I have 23 test left. Big pain in the butt of a test

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Inkbird
Back