Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interested in the regal angelfish, do you have any problems keeping him with your torches?
No problem at all, the Regal Angel totally leaves the torches and the other LPS alone.

Karliefish

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brad, truly breathtaking and also highly inspirational for my wife and I as we are in the early days of our 365g mixed reef tank. Question….could you have been successful in the very early days without the sand. Another words, did it help to get the bio-diversity right in your tank by having the sand and then once established no risk in removing and going bare bottom. I’m asking as we are debating removing the sand from our tank and going barebottom (we have the same starboard installed in the bottom of our tank). However, I worry that our tank is to in-mature (only 9 months old) to remove the sand. Any insights would be appreciated.

MantisReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for the super kind comments.

Brad, truly breathtaking and also highly inspirational for my wife and I as we are in the early days of our 365g mixed reef tank. Question….could you have been successful in the very early days without the sand. Another words, did it help to get the bio-diversity right in your tank by having the sand and then once established no risk in removing and going bare bottom. I’m asking as we are debating removing the sand from our tank and going barebottom (we have the same starboard installed in the bottom of our tank). However, I worry that our tank is to in-mature (only 9 months old) to remove the sand. Any insights would be appreciated.
You should be fine removing your sand at this point. I don't know how deep your sand bed is, but I would recommend doing it with several small water changes spaced apart, removing 10-20 percent of the sand at a time. Wait a week or 2 and then do it again.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
SaltwaterAquarium.com
Back