Test kits??

Yesevil123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So honestly, I have a hard time with numbers and math and what things mean, does anyone have any recommendations for a saltwater test kit that just test the water and i don't have to do all this mixing of stuff. Also, how about any parameter logs?? I'm trying to find one, like an app, but I can't find anything

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much any test kit you're going to have to add a reagent to and do some basic measuring. Only one you don't would be a test where you send your water sample in, but those results can take a while to get back.
If you're looking for ones that have an easy read out, check out some of the hannah checkers. otherwise the red sea test kits have been the best to use in my experience.
As far as a parameter log, I'm not aware of any apps, I just used an excel spreadsheet to log my parameters

OP
OP
Yesevil123

Yesevil123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much any test kit you're going to have to add a reagent to and do some basic measuring. Only one you don't would be a test where you send your water sample in, but those results can take a while to get back.
If you're looking for ones that have an easy read out, check out some of the hannah checkers. otherwise the red sea test kits have been the best to use in my experience.
As far as a parameter log, I'm not aware of any apps, I just used an excel spreadsheet to log my parameters
Okay, I'll look into Hannah. And I know how to use excel, it's just been soooo long, that i have no idea how I'd make the chart

EricR

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried an app or two (don't remember which) and used to use Numbers (Apple's Excel-like spreadsheet) shared across my iPhone and Mac laptops.
For my process, just found it easier to print out home-made table from Word and hand-write results.
*then just periodically take a picture of the results for device sharing and save it for future reference

...no trend graphing or anything like that though

EDIT -- here's a semi-recent thread with a few app ideas (I think):
App for Tracking

OP
OP
Yesevil123

Yesevil123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to just hand write but I write really big and it would just be easier for me to like track it on like a spread sheet

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hanna instrument Testers... 100%

I've done several ICP tests and my Hanna testers are like within 5% of what ICP tests are on their multi-thousand dollar lab machine.

Hanna is quick, easy, very accurate.... worth the money 100%

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Automated testers not only solve the testing but log the results. Some perform just he basics of reefing and other goes further such as testing iron for those of us running macroalgae

EricR

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hanna instrument Testers... 100%
This got me thinking, although it's a far STRETCH from the original question...

Hanna Marine Multi-Tester has built-in logging and you just download logs into your preferred spreadsheet (Bluetooth, I think) -- Never used one but that's my understanding.

I just use the Hanna (single param) "egg" checkers so I can get multiple tests going at the same time.
*if Hanna came out with a multi-tester w/logging that had 2-3 vial cylinders and photo eyes, so you could overlap multiple tests at once, I might consider it

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back