Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry for your losses. Bacterial blooms can consume up all the oxygen in the tank rather quickly. I would add a few bubblers, aim a powerhead up at the surface, run carbon to help soak up any toxins released by stressed corals and what not, and start doing water changes. Good luck and keep us updated!

OP
OP
BILLMELLO

BILLMELLO

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update. Bacterial seems to be on the ropes (hair algae sparked up, inverts were killed in the bloom but were replaced on Friday. Fish are holding on, still a little stressed. Water quality is improving, Added a Zeolite reactor (was actually on order before the bloom) so managing through that with reduced start instructions (I can't add the amount of bacteria they are recommending after getting through this problem, I just can't slow and steady is the way to go)

Will add a few small fish tonight or tomorrow, and if all goes well we have coral frags (Softies & Zoas) and inverts (Anemones) due on Saturday and start to rebuild

Elementalj

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update. Bacterial seems to be on the ropes (hair algae sparked up, inverts were killed in the bloom but were replaced on Friday. Fish are holding on, still a little stressed. Water quality is improving, Added a Zeolite reactor (was actually on order before the bloom) so managing through that with reduced start instructions (I can't add the amount of bacteria they are recommending after getting through this problem, I just can't slow and steady is the way to go)

Will add a few small fish tonight or tomorrow, and if all goes well we have coral frags (Softies & Zoas) and inverts (Anemones) due on Saturday and start to rebuild

Yea!!!![emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji106][emoji6]

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Top Shelf Aquatics
Back