Tampa Bay Saltwater Real Live Rock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MikeyD1182

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LiverockRocks I love the idea of setting up my new waterbox 20 with this sand, base rock, then add premium live rock but $381.62 + shipping just for sand and rock with a handful of astrea snails & blue leg hermits is a major deterrent for me. Is there any coupons or sales coming up / can I bring some 5 gallon buckets to skip the 3 $10 box fees to help make this a little more reasonable? I only live about 35 minutes south of you so I wouldn’t need any of this shipped if local pick up is an option.

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LiverockRocks I love the idea of setting up my new waterbox 20 with this sand, base rock, then add premium live rock but $381.62 + shipping just for sand and rock with a handful of astrea snails & blue leg hermits is a major deterrent for me. Is there any coupons or sales coming up / can I bring some 5 gallon buckets to skip the 3 $10 box fees to help make this a little more reasonable? I only live about 35 minutes south of you so I wouldn’t need any of this shipped if local pick up is an option.
Local pick up IS an option!!! There is an email link on their website and they are really great about scheduling with you

MikeyD1182

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local pick up IS an option!!! There is an email link on their website and they are really great about scheduling with you
I just say the local pickup but they’re still a $30 box fee. I’d come with buckets to avoid the fee, not tryna sound cheap but just under $400 just for rock and sand for a nano tank that may or may not contain bad hitchhikers sounds a bit extreme to me ‍♂️ I really love the idea of this rock and sand but as I said before the pricing is a huge deterrent unfortunately.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just say the local pickup but they’re still a $30 box fee. I’d come with buckets to avoid the fee, not tryna sound cheap but just under $400 just for rock and sand for a nano tank that may or may not contain bad hitchhikers sounds a bit extreme to me ‍♂️ I really love the idea of this rock and sand but as I said before the pricing is a huge deterrent unfortunately.
Says the person from Vermont! How does that even figure into local pick up lol! Live rock is better than any other type of rock period. Try it on a new tank start and see why it is the best! Hitch hikers are part of the the bonus to live rock! Most are beneficial! Some might be slightly annoying.

MikeyD1182

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Says the person from Vermont! How does that even figure into local pick up lol! Live rock is better than any other type of rock period. Try it on a new tank start and see why it is the best! Hitch hikers are part of the the bonus to live rock! Most are beneficial! Some might be slightly annoying.
I live in Bradenton Florida I don’t live in Vermont anymore and haven’t in quite awhile. And I’m sure it’s the best for who are willing to drop that kinda money on it. Maybe I will just get 15- 20lbs of sand and stick to live rock from a pet store or local hobbyist and eventually add some premium live rock when some decent sales come around.

OP
OP
LiverockRocks

LiverockRocks

Gulf of Mexico Living Rock Farmers
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya Mike,
  • You must have been in the Treasure Chest category of the website. This is for small UPS orders.
  • Air cargo is the way to go; it's fast, safe and less expensive.
  • Of course, we offer local pickup. You can select this option in the shopping cart. After placing an order, we will contact you to arrange pickup.
  • Yes, you can bring buckets to local pickups if you would prefer. We will have the order bagged and ready to deposit into a bucket or bin.

MikeyD1182

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya Mike,
  • You must have been in the Treasure Chest category of the website. This is for small UPS orders.
  • Air cargo is the way to go; it's fast, safe and less expensive.
  • Of course, we offer local pickup. You can select this option in the shopping cart. After placing an order, we will contact you to arrange pickup.
  • Yes, you can bring buckets to local pickups if you would prefer. We will have the order bagged and ready to deposit into a bucket or bin.
Hey awesome and alright thank you The $381 was where you type in the size aquarium (in my case 20 gallons) so it gives you 20lbs of sand, 20 lbs of base rock, 20lbs of premium rock and then 10 snails and hermits plus $30 box fee plus shipping. I’d do the live sand for sure and pick it up but the base rock at $9lb and premium rock at $11lb that I can’t personally justify right now atleast. I saw everything at Reefapalooza and the setups were very cool to the say the least!!

OP
OP
LiverockRocks

LiverockRocks

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which hitchhikers are you fearful of?

Each ocean aquacultured live rock is handled multiple times, we specifically check for hitchhikers that folks prefer not to have on 5 different occasions throughout the process:
  1. Ocean bottom- J shakes each rock as it is collected (fish follow her around the site to snack on dislodged critters).
  2. Boat- M swishes rock and inspects before it is deposited into seawater filled barrels (hikers are thrown overboard).
  3. Unloading- as rock is unloaded at the warehouse, hikers are removed and saved for customers who have predator fish or species-specific mantis shrimp and octopi tanks.
  4. Weighing- as rock is weighed, hikers removed and saved.
  5. Packing- as rock is packaged for UPS/Air Cargo/Pickups, hikers removed and saved.

After these 5 check points, the % of unwanted hikers is drastically reduced.

OP
OP
LiverockRocks

LiverockRocks

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey awesome and alright thank you The $381 was where you type in the size aquarium (in my case 20 gallons) so it gives you 20lbs of sand, 20 lbs of base rock, 20lbs of premium rock and then 10 snails and hermits plus $30 box fee plus shipping. I’d do the live sand for sure and pick it up but the base rock at $9lb and premium rock at $11lb that I can’t personally justify right now atleast. I saw everything at Reefapalooza and the setups were very cool to the say the least!!
Hiya,

Thanks for stopping by the booth at Reefapalooza. Did you participate in the guessing game by leaving your email address? Those folks are being emailed a coupon code for 15% off.

When ordering the Package, base rock and premium rock are priced at $7. TBS Package
When ordering by the pound, base rock is priced at $6. TBS Base Rock
When ordering by the pound, premium rock is priced at $9 TBS Premium Rock.

MikeyD1182

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya,

Thanks for stopping by the booth at Reefapalooza. Did you participate in the guessing game by leaving your email address? Those folks are being emailed a coupon code for 15% off.

When ordering the Package, base rock and premium rock are priced at $7. TBS Package
When ordering by the pound, base rock is priced at $6. TBS Base Rock
When ordering by the pound, premium rock is priced at $9 TBS Premium Rock.
I didn’t participate because I didn’t know that was going on as the booth looked pretty busy so we just looked and took some pictures and went to the next booths and then looked again on our way out on Saturday. Yes that I all understand and that’s how I got the $381 was from the package deal. I will be in contact for 15-20lbs of sand picked up.

OP
OP
LiverockRocks

LiverockRocks

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WYSWYG Before it's gone.
IMG_8808.jpg

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Hanna
Back