Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last large setup is in place in the temporary Aquarium.
The lower tank has been a propagation tank connected to the 10000L reef for the last five years. So we might need to repaint it :)
There will be an upper tank as well. We just need to rebuild it(from 6 meter to 4) for it to fit.

IMG_7719.JPG

IMG_7720.JPG

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7727.JPG

Crazy coral :)

Got a shipment today. Thank you Triton lab!
IMG_7728.JPG

That's about three month of Core7 just for the temporary Aquarium if you count on the doses we're at today. But we haven't started moving in corals from the 10000L tank or the 26000L tank yet ;Nailbiting
Luckily we've got a couple of large calcium reactors too, available when we have closed the large tanks.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 1063661
Crazy coral :)

Got a shipment today. Thank you Triton lab!
View attachment 1063664
That's about three month of Core7 just for the temporary Aquarium if you count on the doses we're at today. But we haven't started moving in corals from the 10000L tank or the 26000L tank yet ;Nailbiting
Luckily we've got a couple of large calcium reactors too, available when we have closed the large tanks.

No wonder we can't find it in the states(Core7), someone's hoarding it. Nice coral, the photo can compete with a Monet. Who leaves coffee cups everywhere? That's like the 5th one I've seen. :p

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No wonder we can't find it in the states(Core7), someone's hoarding it. Nice coral, the photo can compete with a Monet. Who leaves coffee cups everywhere? That's like the 5th one I've seen. :p
So you're having trouble getting Core7 in the states? ;)

Hehe, didn't even think of the coffee cup. Maybe I needed two hands to take the photo and had to place the cup somewhere. Or the only time my hands are dry enough to take photos is on my coffee break? :D

Thanks! That's actually my picture. But I'm sure it would be even better with Lasse's camera. I'm only using my old iPhone. But that coral is so photogenic!

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now the room devider reef is emptied. All fish and corals are moved into the temporary Aquarium. The rocks will be dried and then reused later. So now we can move on to the 10000L reef. But that will be next week..
IMG_7743.JPG

These two sharks plus our lumpsucker were picked up yesterday by the staff from Havet Hus(another public aquarium, with focus on the Swedish west coast). So we are soon about to close the cold water systems as well. The sharks were filmed during their hatch, so they will become film stars soon! (Not filmed by us, but a professional)
IMG_7742.JPG

And here's just a cool picture. Putting a bunch of BTA together gives you the chance to get nice photos:)
IMG_7735.JPG

(These will all go back to Lasse's tank. When he's on holiday the next time.. ;))

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(These will all go back to Lasse's tank. When he's on holiday the next time.. ;))
:eek::eek::eek:

;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Avast

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now the room devider reef is emptied. All fish and corals are moved into the temporary Aquarium. The rocks will be dried and then reused later. So now we can move on to the 10000L reef. But that will be next week..
View attachment 1065734

These two sharks plus our lumpsucker were picked up yesterday by the staff from Havet Hus(another public aquarium, with focus on the Swedish west coast). So we are soon about to close the cold water systems as well. The sharks were filmed during their hatch, so they will become film stars soon! (Not filmed by us, but a professional)
View attachment 1065737

And here's just a cool picture. Putting a bunch of BTA together gives you the chance to get nice photos:)
View attachment 1065743
Looks like you need to spend the rest of this week cleaning the work area! ;):)

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you need to spend the rest of this week cleaning the work area! ;):)
Hehe, yes :) Most parts of the old Aquarium looks like this right now. It's a lot of work sorting out what to keep and what to throw away. And lots of cleaning pumps, skimmers and other equipment before we store them. I don't sit much at work these days .. ;)

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Saturday day morning update.
I want to get more species of corals.
Other then that everything is working well I think :)

We filled up the old propagation tank, the one we just moved in to the temporary Aquarium, yesterday. We used water from the room devider reef. I like to reuse water, specially water from a reef tank with great coral growth. I've actually thought of giving away our reef water when we're closing our larger tanks. Who would like "live saltwater" with all green signs on the latest Triton ICP test? ;)

We needed to use some duct tape to fix a leakage under the old propagation tank :rolleyes: Now there are only a drip every ten second. So I think the salt creep will have it fixed in a day or two :p (it's the connection between the tanks old plastic pipe and new pvc)

And just to make @Brew12 sleep better, we've looked over all the sockets we use in the temporary Aquarium :)
We found sockets/channels without RCDs! Not good at all. So now we know which ones to use and not to use. We are also working on a plan how to easily switch all electronic stuff to a temporary power supply(there might be power cuts in the house during the building process).

And we're also looking at types of pumps for the new Aquarium. Some will be regular aquarium pumps while other will be more industrial types. The largest ones will probably be on 200m3 per hour. That's the return pumps for the large reef tank. Jebao don't do pumps like that, so we need to look elsewhere;)
There's money to save not buying "industrial pumps" to those places where it'll be fine using aquarium pumps.

And this week we donated two boxes of corals to a college. I think it was almost 20 species of coral. Looking forward to see the result! :)

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics

Gregg @ ADP

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hehe, yes :) Most parts of the old Aquarium looks like this right now. It's a lot of work sorting out what to keep and what to throw away. And lots of cleaning pumps, skimmers and other equipment before we store them. I don't sit much at work these days .. ;)
Have you thought about donating used equipment/tanks/etc to local schools for science classes?

One man’s garbage is another man’s gold.

Then again, you’re not in the US, so there’s probably a good chance your schools can buy the stuff they want and need rather than scratch and claw and dumpster dive to even get old broken down stuff like we do (apoligies for the editorial).

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought about donating used equipment/tanks/etc to local schools for science classes?

Then again, you’re not in the US, so there’s probably a good chance your schools can buy the stuff they want and need rather than scratch and claw and dumpster dive to even get old broken down stuff like we do (apoligies for the editorial).
No wonder Core7, hard to get out here, they have it all, the money, Core7, healthy corals, it all comes together now. You notice the majority of issue in our tanks in here in USA. Look at the threads started with issues, most from US. Look at the shirt @Lasse is wearing, it says reefsquad, & R2R, it's brand new, we can bearly afford new ones,have to wear raggedy shirts here. Answers all my questions now.

See picture, is actual size

IMG_7745.JPG

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No wonder Core7, hard to get out here, they have it all, the money, Core7, healthy corals, it all comes together now. You notice the majority of issue in our tanks in here in USA. Look at the threads started with issues, most from US. Look at the shirt @Lasse is wearing, it says reefsquad, & R2R, it's brand new, we can bearly afford new ones,have to wear raggedy shirts here. Answers all my questions now.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

First, we will save them for ourselves. Just in case the money rans out when finishing the new Aquarium. That's why we also want to keep most of our old tanks until we know we're sure we can buy new ones.

But if everything is going according to plan, donating to schools is a great idea. Actually we have a kind of Craigslist, but mostly without cost, for all the city's functions(like schools, libraries, museums etc). All the tables and chairs from our old cafeteria was picked up by a school not long ago for example.

Somehow I think most of our old equipment that we don't need in the future will be reused by someone or some other aquariums. We don't like to throw stuff away :)

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, we will save them for ourselves. Just in case the money rans out when finishing the new Aquarium. That's why we also want to keep most of our old tanks until we know we're sure we can buy new ones.

But if everything is going according to plan, donating to schools is a great idea. Actually we have a kind of Craigslist, but mostly without cost, for all the city's functions(like schools, libraries, museums etc). All the tables and chairs from our old cafeteria was picked up by a school not long ago for example.

Somehow I think most of our old equipment that we don't need in the future will be reused by someone or some other aquariums. We don't like to throw stuff away :)
But when you do throw stuff away, it good stuff. I knew a couple from Holland, they once found a small sailboat, thrown away. A SAILBOAT. .... go figure.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

View attachment 1067990
So you say we, in Europe, gets all the Core7, new shirts and healthy fish and corals? ;)

I still have no R2R shirt! I need to order one..

About sailing boats. In Sweden you can get an old one, small, for free today. The market is full, so the old, but still functional ones, won't get sold. It's crazy.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you say we, in Europe, gets all the Core7, new shirts and healthy fish and corals? ;)

I still have no R2R shirt! I need to order one..

About sailing boats. In Sweden you can get an old one, small, for free today. The market is full, so the old, but still functional ones, won't get sold. It's crazy.
Couple I met was in 1988, so Holland had overstock of sailboat even then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aqua SD
Back