Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unhappy corals...losing color, shrinking, shriveled, retracting...listen to your corals, they tell you when they're unhappy...
All lps look amazing, even better than anyone else's that i have physically seen. My torches, euphyllias in general, duncan etc look amazing, puffed up and healthy. Maybe slow growth for lps. Softies look very good as well. Only *some* zoas, acros and some other sps arent doing so well, slow growth, most of them lost color, most have polyps retracted

OP
OP
Qwarex

Qwarex

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update
So after dosing the reef colors abcd from red sea, I can see some of my corals may be better now, but very slightly, zoas look happier i think so i will continue dosing. I think i found the reason to my problem (thanks to all of you :) ) my refractometer was not showing me the correct salinity. It was saying that its 34 ppm (1.025) when in reality it was about 41 ppm (1.030) yikes ! Im not sure that its that high yet, will try and get calibration fluid instead of using reference substance from a calcium test for calibrating the refractometer. Either way its too high but the thing that i dont understand is why my lps, including torches, look so healthy and so well (except for the one in the photo) hmm... Ill update after i get the water to the right salinity and if i see any changes. Cheers!

World Wide Corals

TLECLUYSE

Community Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this exact issue when starting out, my problem turned out to be my salt level. The refractometer I was using was incorrect and my level was right at 31 I invested in like 4 different ways to verify salt and brought it back slowly. The Milwaukee is my go to now

OP
OP
Qwarex

Qwarex

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this exact issue when starting out, my problem turned out to be my salt level. The refractometer I was using was incorrect and my level was right at 31 I invested in like 4 different ways to verify salt and brought it back slowly. The Milwaukee is my go to now
Did your corals color up a lot and extended their polyps? And also did they grow faster? How were your lps and softies before and how are they now?

AquaCave Logo Banner
TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
ACC
Back