Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubble tip anemones love light actually lots of high intense lighting. Mine always thrive in full spectrum.
ok i’m starting to think getting an ai prime was a good idea because my old tank had 18 watts of power with the leds

AquaCave Logo Banner

Scott's reef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that sounds really fancy
It's nothing fancy, just a hybrid t5 with 3 32's and 3 lumen bars by @reefbreeders

20200831_115201.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries, I'd definitely look into benepets. I'm sure you'll find some very helpful information.
ok i will also just a random question but i need some help with something can i just ditch my ceramic rings and add the stuff from algae barns refugium kit or will that cause a mini cycle

Top Shelf Aquatics

Scott's reef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i will also just a random question but i need some help with something can i just ditch my ceramic rings and add the stuff from algae barns refugium kit or will that cause a mini cycle
My opinion is just that and I would advise you to get more opinions on it but for me I'd leave the rings in until your refugium kit. I.e biological stuff gets established.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My opinion is just that and I would advise you to get more opinions on it but for me I'd leave the rings in until your refugium kit. I.e biological stuff gets established.
ok that’s what i was gonna try to do but then i wouldn’t have room for everything

Tom Stevens

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you are setting up your tank, always try to keep things stable as possible. You will find many threads that state their tanks look a lot better since they are not putting their hands in the tank. IMO, lighting is what you should focus on. Leave the bio rings for now and assess after the lighting is dialed in -or- you have a significant problem with nitrates.

Nems love light and very clean water. Your tank is small enough that frequent water changes can be used to help with the water, as long as you have RO/DI and a good salt to mix.

Avast
OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you are setting up your tank, always try to keep things stable as possible. You will find many threads that state their tanks look a lot better since they are not putting their hands in the tank. IMO, lighting is what you should focus on. Leave the bio rings for now and assess after the lighting is dialed in -or- you have a significant problem with nitrates.

Nems love light and very clean water. Your tank is small enough that frequent water changes can be used to help with the water, as long as you have RO/DI and a good salt to mix.
my tank is 10 months old and and i don’t have enough space for the refugium i want to put in the back chamber and replace with the bio blocks i’m getting

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may belong in the Dumb Question Department -
So, if hydrogen peroxide kills anemones, will it kill aptaisia if I shoot it directly into it?
it may it depends on how much all i know is mine can’t stand it but others anemones can handle it

Corals.com

Scott's reef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may belong in the Dumb Question Department -
So, if hydrogen peroxide kills anemones, will it kill aptaisia if I shoot it directly into it?
Try'd that too with 35% h202 and to know evail it did not work. I just ordered a majano wand and it will definitely work.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back