Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used 35% food grade h202 and have never had issues with my anemones. In fact they seem to like it in my tank and grow huge especially after the dose
yea i’m starting to think it’s lighting that’s why i got a new light

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i’m starting to think it’s lighting that’s why i got a new light
I’ve had this issue with an anemone before. Mine was either because my tank had super clean water and the nem had a bacteria. I used cipro to quarantine it for 15 days and then threw it back in the tank and started dosing no3 and feeding the tank a bit more. It turned around nicely.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this issue with an anemone before. Mine was either because my tank had super clean water and the nem had a bacteria. I used cipro to quarantine it for 15 days and then threw it back in the tank and started dosing no3 and feeding the tank a bit more. It turned around nicely.
i think you may have a point there i think my tanks too clean because every time i test my nitrates it always comes back 2 or 3

Top Shelf Aquatics

terraincognita

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Op what light do you have? They do use Zooxanthelle or (however you spell it i'm too lazy to care) to grow.

but it's not their main source of nutrition. Also i normally find my nems settling near the bottom edges or corners of my tank.... never in a super bright light...

so i don't imagine they're inclined to super bright lights anyway.

what's your lighting schedule? is it still doing this closing at night when the lights go off? are you running your lights for more than 12 hours a day?

again.... i think youre over thinking it a little :p

my nems always close at night. well slightly. and not necessarily on the clock. honestly they do whatever they feel like whenever they feel like it ime....

quick edit and thought, I have found my nems to hate to be located anywhere i tend to have lots of algae growth. there may be something in connection with that.

Also they tend to expel their water for me when my phosphates get higher for whatever reason.

Also what's your Cal and Mag levels? I've read articles about them responding to minerals as well.

Idk they are weird creatures. sometimes they react to different things just because.

Could be how they've been raised. could be a lot of thing. who really knows.

Most of the time they seem to recover and balance out just fine IME.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Op what light do you have? They do use Zooxanthelle or (however you spell it i'm too lazy to care) to grow.

but it's not their main source of nutrition. Also i normally find my nems settling near the bottom edges or corners of my tank.... never in a super bright light...

so i don't imagine they're inclined to super bright lights anyway.

what's your lighting schedule? is it still doing this closing at night when the lights go off? are you running your lights for more than 12 hours a day?

again.... i think youre over thinking it a little :p

my nems always close at night. well slightly. and not necessarily on the clock. honestly they do whatever they feel like whenever they feel like it ime....

quick edit and thought, I have found my nems to hate to be located anywhere i tend to have lots of algae growth. there may be something in connection with that.

Also they tend to expel their water for me when my phosphates get higher for whatever reason.

Also what's your Cal and Mag levels? I've read articles about them responding to minerals as well.

Idk they are weird creatures. sometimes they react to different things just because.

Could be how they've been raised. could be a lot of thing. who really knows.

Most of the time they seem to recover and balance out just fine IME.
i don’t have a calcium and magnesium test kit and the light i have is an ai prime that’s set to turn on at 9am and turn down to low blues at 9pm

Top Shelf Aquatics

terraincognita

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI Prime in a 10G tank is 100% totally sufficient for an anemone.

Keep it way more blue. Keep your RG and W spectrum at least half of your blue spectrum.

You should have your lights on and off complete for 12 hours. So I would have a sunrise and sunset all happen in a 12 hour period. Meaning have them be off by 9. I know most of us tend to even look at our fish tanks the most at the darker hours of the night.

If you really insist on it you should keep the aquarium dark later til 10 or 11AM, (you'd have to allow for complete darkness though or at least simulated no brighter than moonlight in the ocean.)

That's an important factor of reef health to me.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI Prime in a 10G tank is 100% totally sufficient for an anemone.

Keep it way more blue. Keep your RG and W spectrum at least half of your blue spectrum.

You should have your lights on and off complete for 12 hours. So I would have a sunrise and sunset all happen in a 12 hour period. Meaning have them be off by 9. I know most of us tend to even look at our fish tanks the most at the darker hours of the night.

If you really insist on it you should keep the aquarium dark later til 10 or 11AM, (you'd have to allow for complete darkness though or at least simulated no brighter than moonlight in the ocean.)

That's an important factor of reef health to me.
ok well this is what i’m running on mine i’m using the brs spectrum and that’s my schedule

D70FF3BF-9D73-4EA0-A597-02CEB21AE2A3.png 0597E7F5-B71E-47D1-9806-45C7492CDB22.png

terraincognita

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok well this is what i’m running on mine i’m using the brs spectrum and that’s my schedule

View attachment 1769546 View attachment 1769547
yeah that lighting schedule is totally fine.

You could try to adjust it so the ramp up and ramp downs are a little more natural.

if you were walking outside and then suddenyl 5 minutes later it was complete darkness you'd probably be startled every time for a couple years :p. but I don't know if they really care. Just how I do it.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah that lighting schedule is totally fine.

You could try to adjust it so the ramp up and ramp downs are a little more natural.

if you were walking outside and then suddenyl 5 minutes later it was complete darkness you'd probably be startled every time for a couple years :p.
yea i’m trying to figure out how to do that lol because it turned into two triangles for me lol

terraincognita

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i’m trying to figure out how to do that lol because it turned into two triangles for me lol
Yeah it's annoying.

YouTube it.

If you still can't figure it out I'll make a custom video for you (b',')b

Lucky for you I run AI's.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it's annoying.

YouTube it.

If you still can't figure it out I'll make a custom video for you (b',')b

Lucky for you I run AI's.
oh ok i’ll see if i can find something on youtube to help me out and what spectrum are you running for yours

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t necessarily suggest copying mine lol.

I’m no lighting expert for coral growth.

I’ve yet to really delve into complete optimal lighting as everything’s happy and growing. So I don’t really care. Lol.

View attachment 1769555
oh ok also how dose the moonlight setting work and the moon cycle

terraincognita

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh ok also how dose the moonlight setting work and the moon cycle

You will definitely have to YouTube that one.

I don’t even bother.

Since I don’t go to bed that early I figure my various house lights are bright enough, to simulate any kind of “moon light”

Then they have complete darkness technically for about 6 hours until the sunrises which will always bring a small amount of light into the living room, and then they’re up by 8 with the light schedule.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will definitely have to YouTube that one.

I don’t even bother.

Since I don’t go to bed that early I figure my various house lights are bright enough, to simulate any kind of “moon light”

Then they have complete darkness technically for about 6 hours until the sunrises which will always bring a small amount of light into the living room, and then they’re up by 8 with the light schedule.
oh ok also i have a question that’s not about the light or the anemone but do you have frogspawn and can you help me out with a question regarding it

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquarium Specialty
Back