Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive been trying to connect a new sicce 3.0 in the contrall app and everytime i try to connect it says "error during device pairing check wifi credentials and retry"

my phone is on same network
its a 2.4 network
password is straight copy and pasted from my wifi screen on phone
have tried unplugging and trying again multiple times

i keep reading about hard resets on the larger sicce pumps but not the 3.0
any ideas or something im missing?

OP
OP
M

Matt groves

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve tried everything I can think of from opening a new router wifi in 2.4 deleting and reinstalling - not sure what else to try - I’ll have to contact support but it’s a holiday so figured I would ask here

CLICK TO VIEW

JHK_6

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having the exact same problem (error)! Tried all day yesterday to get it working. Running 2.4 Ghz network for it as well. Sent a message to support. Please let me know if you hear anything back!

OP
OP
M

Matt groves

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same- I havnt tried to connect today and havnt emailed support yet as I assume the holiday wouldn’t be worth it yet might try again tonight and then email them- do same if you hear from them for me
Thanks

mav3rick478

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the SDC power heads and usually hard resets helped. Also, for my power heads i have to connect directly to the sicce network first then it goes through the WiFi after pairing. Hope any of this info helps.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
M

Matt groves

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure how to hard reset the 3.0 the only info I can find is hard reset the larger pumps- the 3.0 you aren’t suppose to connect to the sicce through wifi I don’t think alone the app links it and you select the pump from the app - some reason the 3.0 is different setup then the other stuff

JHK_6

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same- I havnt tried to connect today and havnt emailed support yet as I assume the holiday wouldn’t be worth it yet might try again tonight and then email them- do same if you hear from them for me
Thanks
Hi Matt - They did respond, and asked how many characters my network name was, and said if it was too long it could be an issue. However, they did not say how many it had to be. I shortened it from (14) to (9) and still does not connect. I did write them back again... Very frustrating!

Marckoh

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Matt - They did respond, and asked how many characters my network name was, and said if it was too long it could be an issue. However, they did not say how many it had to be. I shortened it from (14) to (9) and still does not connect. I did write them back again... Very frustrating!
Following. Same error code issue. My ssid is only 7. Matt you are right. The other SDC models have the built in wifi cfg “hotspot” but not the 3.0. Did you email sicce usinfo email? If it doesn’t have usinfo it goes to Italy direct according to SDC 9 users having same issue.

Zunador

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having the same issue. I have contacted support and got the same response about the network name length. I shortened mine to 3 characters and still errors out when trying to the ContrAll app.

AS
Nutramar Foods

Zunador

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted BRS and this was the reply they gave me:

“Thank you for contacting Bulk Reef Supply.

After conducting some research it seems this happens when Sicce's servers are offline. I would try again later today or tomorrow to see if they are back online. In the meantime I have reached out directly to Sicce for you to see if they can help you with troubleshooting. Sorry about the inconvenience.”

Ghiapilot

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m glad I found this forum with this common issue that seems to be at Sicce and not my SDC 3.0 pump that I just received today and having the exact same error. It runs through the “Registering new Device” gets to 30/30 then gives the setup error.

I just emailed them with screenshots and a link to this forum asking them to reply to the group since it is a wide spread issue,

Hopefully we hear back soon!

Last edited:

Zunador

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this response for Sicce last night in response to reducing the WIFI character length:

"Thank you for your proof, unfortunately I can only partially help you as our offices in Italy are closed for the Christmas holidays. By Monday we will try to solve your problem"

Looks as if whatever the issue is, it won't be fixed until next week.

Dburr1014

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try this.

On a side note, I also had trouble using Google to do the search to find the web address. I used a different search engine. Don't know why but it worked.
I would hard reset and forget the network in the pump and start from the beginning.
HTH

Attachments

• Email (1).PDF
    30.6 KB · Views: 43
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tropic Marin USA
Back