Share your LOOT!!!

money88

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View attachment 943810 View attachment 943811 View attachment 943812 View attachment 943813 View attachment 943814 View attachment 943815 View attachment 943816 View attachment 943817 I want to send a huge thank you to my secret santa. This fellow reefer drove 2 hours in the rain to bring my family some beautiful corrals and a somatic media reactor. We had a great time with him and his wife placing the new corrals and talking tanks. What an amazing wealth of information i learned in an afternoon. Here are some pics( dose not do justice with my phone).

Thank you again from the kelley family
Amazing corals and story. It's awesome to meet another fellow reefer, I've only met one other one so far, really not many people I know that keep reefs, or planted tanks like me.

BRS
Nutramar Foods

acesfull44

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Secret Santa was a bust, all I got was opened food and used items :( still was fun. Thanks.
Maybe that was all they could send because of financial reasons, and instead of sending nothing they did what they could. Maybe they lost their job recently? If the goal of participating is to get rather than give, I think you should rethink participating.

Top Shelf Aquatics

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Secret Santa was a bust, all I got was opened food and used items :( still was fun. Thanks.
Yes.
I don’t think that you should do this next year.
The point was to give. If you don’t enjoy giving to others, then you should rethink your participation.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I'm sorry you felt that way. I personally love 2nd or 3rd hand reef stuff! The food was probably opened in shipping.

N00B1

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Maybe that was all they could send because of financial reasons, and instead of sending nothing they did what they could. Maybe they lost their job recently? If the goal of participating is to get rather than give, I think you should rethink participating.

Yes.
I don’t think that you should do this next year.
The point was to give. If you don’t enjoy giving to others, then you should rethink your participation.

Maybe you didn't see the part where I said "it still was fun". I enjoyed picking out the gifts I sent to my secret Santa. Please read the full post before quoting it. Also if you read the original thread there was a $20.00 minimum which in no possible way is open/used food and 5 frag plugs would add up to $20.00

I'm sorry you felt that way. I personally love 2nd or 3rd hand reef stuff! The food was probably opened in shipping.

I'm positive the food was not opened in shipping unless there was a fish in side the box eating it and the seals removed.

acesfull44

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Maybe you didn't see the part where I said "it still was fun". I enjoyed picking out the gifts I sent to my secret Santa. Please read the full post before quoting it. Also if you read the original thread there was a $20.00 minimum which in no possible way is open/used food and 5 frag plugs would add up to $20.00

I'm positive the food was not opened in shipping unless there was a fish in side the box eating it and the seals removed.

I am not interested in a bickering contest. Clearly you are upset by this, and I am sorry you feel this way, and I did read your entire post. If you were "in it for the fun" you would have simply said participating was fun and left it at that. Instead, you chose to let everyone know Secret Santa was a "bust."

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0

What type of food was it? Maybe it was homemade and they recycled a container that they thought would keep it most fresh?
I don’t think there was a rule against used items as long as it was all still in working order:)

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Seawitch

Water, water everywhere,
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Well, I WORE ONE OF MY NEW SS SHIRT TODAY. Do we ever get to find out who our gift giver was? Is it a secret forever?

IMG_3172.JPG

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello;

Sooooo as promised I would update when my secret sanata gift arrives. @Santa Claus Well that was today yay! In it this person really made me laugh in a good way. They gave me five pounds of gummy bears (nope I won’t share at all lol) a fish food thing a ma jig. Honestly I don’t know what it is because I havnt had a chance to open it, but I’ve never ever seen one, so curiosity is killing me.

Now for the best part lol. Some know or those who have read my main thread know I’m allergic to alcohol lol. So this awesome person gave me a gift for life and I mean life in both aspects lol. I will have it forever and will have to hide it from jack sparrow and his band of mates. For he is one to seek out the fine aged rum which mine will be very well aged. It will be that way because lol I can never open it do to my allergic reaction to it. But it’s kinda in a death skull bottle so it will go nicely with my wrecked shipped and jack sparrow bottle of rum. Not to mention a lovely note and for that person know your totally fine and it was a truly amazing amazing wkndeful gift:) yes I’m posting pics as soon as I can find why the pics won’t load :)

Edit Here are some photos and sharing of the note so lovely written and again I hope they understand I’m so honored :) but I’m glad they have you as family because they should and always take priority:)

F0A5059A-F172-41E3-BF62-61939E403CA9.jpeg

F7550260-0EDF-47E3-B48E-0E0DAF50C2ED.jpeg

50A6B382-37C9-457F-B3C7-A6593BB52FB1.jpeg

Last edited:

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello,

I have loved this and was glad the person that I sent stuff to posted and enjoyed the items I sent them. But the biggest thing is to me was I was able to make some smile or at least know someone else cares. It’s amazing to see what people have recieved, but like myself I am super shy on most things, 200 times worse in person. Yes when my secret Santa item shows up I’d love to post it etc. what some may not understand is some people are introverts and it’s hard for them to show or express things. For those who have sent gifts, just maybe ask @Santa Claus if the person liked it in private.

Now with that said that’s me and most know me I’m a little more open on here with friends than normal. But in person im very shy and very quite and sometimes it’s upsets people. Which I feel horrible, but once they get to know me, If that happens they then understand it’s not them it’s me. Yes I try and work on it but it’s very hard. I can’t speak for everyone, I am just thankful for all the friends I have on here, and the fact I was a part of it.

Wow, you are amazing! Thanks for sharing. And I would say no need to apologize for who you are! I always enjoy reading your take on things. The great thing about people is we are all different with an array of experiences we should never pretend to know who the other person is what they have gone through to get where they are presently. I’m sure you see some things in the ER that would make others judge your patients but to you they are taken care of all the same with respect and dignity.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
The rum can come visit me!!! I can trade for blankets![/QUOTE]

Hello,

Lol doesn’t it look like the skull from the movie the goonies with one eyed Willy ? Plus jack sparrow always wants the rum and I will have the finest because it has to be bottled for life. Because if I open it lol well it’s in the shape of a skull and cross bones soooo since I’m allergic it’s warning me to not open it lol. But it will go nicely with the tank and love the gummy bears. I can fill my jar in my dictation room for s while :) @Katrina71 be careful lol it could be poison lol

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Bulk Reef Supply
Back