• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sexy Corals SC Signiture Grow Out

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in if we are serious about this... SD, can you handle two huge growouts at once (you don't have a tank thread, so I'm not sure what all you're working with)? I don't have space for a grow out of my own...

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
J

jdreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys these are some of the ideas that we are considering and would like to get the grow out started and payments out !!!! I or SD will e-mail you guys the payment procedure later after we get everyones info. Per 1mbrews8 plz make a decision tonight so we can move forward thanks... Any other ?'s plz ask so we can also move forward!!!

Here is how we think it would be easiest. SD is a stats major so statistically speaking there should be an equally likely chance of your tank crashing as it would mine. So there is no statistical advantage from one tank to the next. That being said, whoever the grower is chosen to be, we would vote is that ALL frags go into their system. If it were SD chosen as the grower, He would pick up the frags (as early as monday) and put them into my tank 2 hours after being bagged.

This cuts down the amount of stress the frags will go through since they are only traveling once, dont need to be shipped across the country, and all that. Also save Mike a ton on shipping which will help us all in the long run!! But i completely understand the anxiety of leaving all frags in one tank and not being able to see them for 6 months, lol.

As for the completion. What I have found to work best is to grow the frags until they are up to 6 eyes. When one gets to 6 eyes first we would consider that one done, SD would then frag that one (assuming the eyes are spaced easily), and we would randomly pick names out of a hat to see who gets which frag. I also think is a great idea..

As for shipping of the completed frags, in my opinion this should be up to each person. For instance, if the My Miami gets to 6 eyes first (my money is on this one to be first to 6 eyes), then I will frag it, and each person can choose whether or not they want to have their frag shipped then or wait until ALL the frags are done to have them all shipped at once.

I would also want everyone in the group to have everyone's name and phone number to call just in case. If for whatever reason I need to call you it would be good to get that settled now rather than later. This way we are all coverd..

As for insurance here is what me, jdreef and SDActuary thinks would be fair.

Any act of god (tornado, hurricane, tsunami, earthquake, power outage, tree falling on house, etc) wont necessarily be my fault. I will work with Mike and I am sure he will offer replacements on those corals should that happen.

If i am negligent and i disappear for two weeks and the corals die, then that would be my fault and i would assume full responsibility to replace the corals.

ISD currently runs two large tanks, a 120g display and a 80 gallon frag tank (60" X 18" X 12") so if one tank were to start to leak, power outlets short circuit, etc. He would have ample time to move those corals into the other tank.

As for food, that shouldnt be an issue, its only ~14 more frags to feed and I am not worried about that, unless people want me to use some fancy $50 per bottle food. Other than that SD will be using Reef Caviar and Fauna Marin ZOa/Acan food. He would however, much appreciate $5-$10 for gas money to get the chalices, and then we can call it even on the food. :) I think this is more then fair!!!
SD has zero problem posting pictures. He says he loves taking pictures of his tank, and he could offer weekly updates of all pieces, this is not an issue. he runs a Nikon D90 camera and moderately knows how to use it.
So between this and other things said from Mike previously I think we can start making some concrete desicions and get the ball rolling.. jdreef

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
J

jdreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grow out members includes
1. jdreef
2. Paint Guy verify Reloadeddevil is out do to relocating
3. 1mbrews8
4. yourracer
5. BeerMan
6. SDActuary

Sorry this grow out is close!!! Only way to get in now is if payments don't go through!!!

Paint Guy your runner up 1
purp1244 your runner up 2

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
J

jdreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys our grow out is on !!! We have 6 members, all in order of notifing me that they wanted in first me jdreef, Reloadeddevil, 1mbrews8, yourracer, BeerMan, SDActuary!!!

SDActuary is our one grower so lets get started First if everyone in the grow-out can pm me your full name, E-mail, shipping address and contact #'s so this will be all out of the way..After I get every-one's info. I will put it all together and forward it to every-one so we all have one anothers info., also there will be the directions on how payments will be made per Mike at SexyCorals and SDActuary want to work it..
The faster every-one completes this the faster we can get our corals in SD's system !!! Awesome I can't wait this is one awesome , awesome hook up!!!

Last edited:

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike,

We are working on getting a second group going here (SD and I)... How about adding another something something to sweeten the deal for both groups, since we are getting two huge group buys together?? :tongue:

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
J

jdreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grow out members who are paid up !!!
1. jdreef = paid in full
2. Paint guy = paid in full
3. 1mdrews8 = paid in full
4. yourracer = paid in full
5. BeerMan = paid in full
6. SDActuary = paid in full

EVERY ONE IS PAID !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Nutramar Foods
World Wide Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquarium Specialty
Back