+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Diatoms!

I just filled up my BRS cart to $458. Not going to be greedy. Thanks for the heads up!

Corals.com
OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Diatoms!

I just filled up my BRS cart to $458. Not going to be greedy. Thanks for the heads up!

Happy to share! Good Luck! Hopefully one of us gets drawn. Sould be huge for me to get the last couple items I need to for this build :)

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it comes. Diatoms everywhere. Lets hope the ugly aint so bad. Gonna sneak some snails in tomorrow.

View attachment 892960

Mmm, I got some of that going on from the new rock I added last month. Towards the end of it for me.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know some of you have read of or seen pictures of my now 14 year old Lab/Rottweiler mutt. She’s obviously getting on in years and we’ve had to take her to the vet a few times recently for things we can only attribute to her getting older. She has a tendency to dream loudly, meaning she’ll be growling or half barking at something while also snoring. Sometimes her legs are even kicking like she’s chasing a squirrel or other animal.

Well this morning, I wake up to her howling like nothing Ive ever heard before. I’d compare it to what an animal might sound like if it were being attacked by zombies. It scared the ever living crap out of us! At first i thought it was just another one of her dreams but when i got to her bed she was wide awake still howling in what can only assume was severe pain. This went on for another 30 seconds to a minute or so before she calmed down. Super scary. Once it stopped she was her usual self looking at me wondering what’s for breakfast. I know she’s getting on in years... The couple of recent trips to the Vet have yielded nothing. They say she’s in perfect health after about 1200 worth of tests. Can dogs have heart attacks or seizures? Something that would come and go so quickly leaving her perfectly fine a minute later??

7B2B325A-8FBD-42CC-B8DF-15D8EB879EEF.jpeg

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seizures, yes, heart attacks, don't know. One of my Weimaraners is almost 15 and does some of the same stuff. The other just turned 13 and is starting some of it.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seizures, yes, heart attacks, don't know. One of my Weimaraners is almost 15 and does some of the same stuff. The other just turned 13 and is starting some of it.
Scared the crap out of us this morning, My girlfriend was crying and thought she was dying. It was bizarre to say the least.

She’s always had minor health ailments through the years. Mostly digestive issues though. At this point the only thing she can eat without vomiting is chicken and white rice. The prescription foods we’ve tried over the years tailored towards pups with GI issues all fell short. That’s actually a good thing since the cost was absurd for what amounted to chicken liver and a ton of chemical fillers, binders etc. She’s been on homemade food for about 2 years now and until recently was doing really well. We’ve stripped all but the chicken and rice from her diet. Anyway, the joys of aging I guess.

My buddy just got a Warmreiner last summer. Cool dogs!

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had an old Akita/Beagle mixed breed (what we were told anyway) that had seizures, like what you are describing. He could be walking down the hall and just fall over and get real stiff and making weird sounds. We would just hold him and comfort him until it passed. Once it passed, he was looking at us like, "get the heck off of me and let's go outside." Our vet told us he likely had a form of canine epilepsy. The seizures were scary for us, but he was no worse for wear when they passed. He had these seizures for years, but lived to be 13 or 14. We were never really certain about his age, because my wife's little sister gave him to us when she went off to college.

IMG_0180.JPG

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had an old Akita/Beagle mixed breed (what we were told anyway) that had seizures, like what you are describing. He could be walking down the hall and just fall over and get real stiff and making weird sounds. We would just hold him and comfort him until it passed. Once it passed, he was looking at us like, "get the heck off of me and let's go outside." Our vet told us he likely had a form of canine epilepsy. The seizures were scary for us, but he was no worse for wear when they passed. He had these seizures for years, but lived to be 13 or 14. We were never really certain about his age, because my wife's little sister gave him to us when she went off to college.

View attachment 893358
Cute pup! I can imagine how the seizures would be scary even knowing what they were. Thanks for the info.

The only Akita I ever new was mixed with a Pitbull. Was super sweat and hated violence. If someone hugged his owner or jokingly gave him a push the dog would go into protection mode. Wouldn’t attack but get between the two people and just growl. It was a neat behavior that went beyond even his owner. If his owner pushed me for example the dog would growl at him.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They pretty much get the same stuff we get as we age. I'm sorry you guys had a rough morning. They really are part of the family.
I hope I dont get so lumpy as I age! Everytime I touch her I find another lump, skin tag or growth. All benign and bug me more than her if course.

Last edited:
AquaCave Logo Banner

siggy

I'm still swimming
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scurvy like the new place for your fish. I had to laffe at your remark of "getting down to TWO tanks" My wife calls my house a FISH STORE with one...and all the STUFF that goes with this hobby.
So lets hear about this tank, the pic of the bottom, IS that PVC? or glass on pvc? ...stand looks Very nice, sump too. Were they custom? Over flow standard? ...........I know...Im always late to the party

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scurvy like the new place for your fish. I had to laffe at your remark of "getting down to TWO tanks" My wife calls my house a FISH STORE with one...and all the STUFF that goes with this hobby.
So lets hear about this tank, the pic of the bottom, IS that PVC? or glass on pvc? ...stand looks Very nice, sump too. Were they custom? Over flow standard? ...........I know...Im always late to the party
Better late than never siggy, Glad to have you!

So the tank is what I’d call semi-custom I guess. Its a Crystal Dynamic or CDAquarium. 48x24x22 Starphire with a black PVC bottom. There’s both upper and bottom eurobracing with the bottom actually placed over the PVC. Looks a little odd being bare bottom but evetually will be covered with something anyway.
Synergy Shadow overflow which is virtually invisible and a trigger triton sump.
Being a pretty lazy reefer Im hoping Triton helps me out. Dont have any pre-water pics on my phone so Ill add some later when Im bavk with the IPad.

Oh, and imagine what a 2 bedroom townhouse looks like with 6 tanks running!! Normally it had been 3 but with the rebuilds and transferring of live stock going on now ive got tubs and tanks everywhere! Haha. If I were married Id be on the lookout for a divorce!

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to read the news about the puppy!

Did they plumb the tank for you, take it apart and ship it? A true plug and play systems?

Yes they did! I had to send them my COR 15 for them to work with but they normally have other pumps to use as a reference. They packed it all back up and send it. I only had to glue the return lines to the bulkheads, other wise it was complete.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they did! I had to send them my COR 15 for them to work with but they normally have other pumps to use as a reference. They packed it all back up and send it. I only had to glue the return lines to the bulkheads, other wise it was complete.

That is awesome and the first I'd ever heard of that!

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can now see that double euro brace you mentioned ....That looks to be a Tank of a Tank. Congratz on the new system

My thoughts exactly when i finally saw it in person. Built like a tank! It also has armored corner seems which is simply glass covering the corner seems for protection against rogue Mag Floats etc. Gives the tank a nice look though, almost like there's a frame around the viewing panes.

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back