*SBB Corals*- Games by codybot-End of Year/ New Year!!!! 650 WYSIWYG +100 Auctions!!! Prize, games, Giveaways- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
Review score
+23 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+23 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Merry Christmas GIF by Hope is Sincere

winner winner please message us for your $25 GC For being active in this thread

winner GIF

TankCandy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Merry Christmas all!!
Santa Claus GIF

I have and love my Hanna alk checker, but once I got a new bottle of reagent and suddenly my checker read considerably higher. Honestly I trust my Red Sea test kit more than any other.

Don’t raise alk too quickly. A large change is likely harder on the corals than the lower alk.
I opened up a ticket with SaltWaterAquarium about this issue. they are sending out HI755S and saying its the same as HI772S (SaltwaterAquarium says: Hanna told us its the same...). I opened up 3 boxes just to confirm. 755S is consistency .8-.9 lower than the 772S's. I have to use a sharpie and write +.8 on all the 755S's.. Told SaltWaterAquarium that you got a lot of stick heads chasing the wrong numbers.

Last edited:

billyocean

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So
Merry Christmas all!!
Santa Claus GIF

I opened up a ticket with SaltWaterAquarium about this issue. they are sending out HI755S and saying its the same as HI772S (SaltwaterAquarium says: Hanna told us its the same...). I opened up 3 boxes just to confirm. 755S is consistency .8-.9 lower than the 772S's. I have to use a sharpie and write +.8 on all the 755S's.. Told SaltWaterAquarium that you got a lot of stick heads chasing the wrong numbers.
Which one is right..I had this problem as well...772s I presume is correct?

TankCandy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So
Which one is right..I had this problem as well...772s I presume is correct?
Yes the 772S is the correct reading. I aim for 8.4ALK and when i see 7.5ish on the other i know i am good.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Christmas all!!
Santa Claus GIF

I have only used the HI-772 and honestly I have never paid close attention to what label was on the reagent. My understanding was that the reagents were exactly the same and the only difference between the checkers was that one had to convert the reading to a different unit of measurement.
Did saltwateraquarium confirm there was a difference or has it just been in your experience. I will say that I used several bottles of reagent and always had a trusted reading then on a different bottle my reading was off. I still have a unopened bottle of reagent I may see if they have different labels and test my water with each to see what I get.

TankCandy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have only used the HI-772 and honestly I have never paid close attention to what label was on the reagent. My understanding was that the reagents were exactly the same and the only difference between the checkers was that one had to convert the reading to a different unit of measurement.
Did saltwateraquarium confirm there was a difference or has it just been in your experience. I will say that I used several bottles of reagent and always had a trusted reading then on a different bottle my reading was off. I still have a unopened bottle of reagent I may see if they have different labels and test my water with each to see what I get.
This was the answer i received.
1671984530735.png

I did not reply back since i would just be wasting my time. I guarantee if you open up that bottle you'll get a .8 or .9 difference.

billyocean

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The consistency is good with either reagent. Just keep in mind the delta between the 2.
If kept in fridge it remains constant for either one of them...but quite confusing to someone who doesn't know. I got a new bottle and 8.2 went to 7.4 overnight. After making sure my doser worked I knew it was wrong b/c I check it every day or two (too much probably but i over test for trends). Alk was a constant 8.1-8.2 for weeks..then..boom! People who don't know will make erroneous adjustments so I feel like more people should say something.

steveschuerger

Corals Admittedly Goni and Torch/Frogspawn nut
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Christmas once again all. @tbrown3589 this is more my cats speed. She actually ignores the tree pretty much. All tired out from trying to steal cheese from the danishes we were having for breakfast.
70FAC6E1-BD59-4AD8-B5F7-0C8C0293AF46.jpeg

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
TCK Corals
Back