*SBB Corals*- Games by codybot-End of Year/ New Year!!!! 650 WYSIWYG +100 Auctions!!! Prize, games, Giveaways- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
starting to regret going out so early lol
I grabbed two early. Made me feel better about going out with my daughter today. Black Friday sale I was just glued to my seat for every day of it. Sale before that was my first one with SBB and I only got one.

wes84

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha your reaction @Rennurdoar , I felt the same. So weird to just pick it up and plonk it in
Did you get any other corals from ASD? My last order the freebie zoa came with 4 zoa eating spiders (also freebies)

nekocats

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
coffee sugar GIF

steveschuerger

Corals Admittedly Goni and Torch/Frogspawn nut
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I put the btas in the tank I had before this one, a 30 long, they settled in right away. In fact the larger split within a month and I had two rainbows. For some reason they just didn’t do well when moved. Might’ve been the Voltage Event from the heater in the holding tub that weakened them

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you get any other corals from ASD? My last order the freebie zoa came with 4 zoa eating spiders (also freebies)
Hahaha. No, funny story, I never get freebies since I do local pickup. I go there every Friday when I'm off work with my daughter and run errands to get her out of my wife's hair for a few. I get food, water, anything I can to support local businesses from them. I've spent ~3k with them this first year of my reef tank. Spent 700 on black Friday sale, no freebies. I asked them about it when I was in store and they gave me one Acan that was rather nice. Love the team there, but everything is wild collected or mariculture, which I had mentioned earlier in this thread that those are harder to acclimate. SBB was my first tank grown tenuis and they are super happy and easy, where wild ones take 3 months to even put out polyps.

steveschuerger

Corals Admittedly Goni and Torch/Frogspawn nut
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My freebie zoa came with an aiptasia on the underside of the plug. Super glue seemed to work

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When I put the btas in the tank I had before this one, a 30 long, they settled in right away. In fact the larger split within a month and I had two rainbows. For some reason they just didn’t do well when moved. Might’ve been the Voltage Event from the heater in the holding tub that weakened them
I got a grounding probe since I'd been following @Rennurdoar and his ordeal with voltage.

Wuzzo

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black friday was my first SBB sale, I got an orange hammer, shroom and a ton of leftover 5-15 dollar zoas. All probably 10-15+ polyps. Just unnamed ones that weren't gone at the end of the sale, pretty colors and they make great pieces for growout, plan to use them in a 3 gallon pico I'm setting up to fill it up almost immediately. Got a couple freebie zoas too, I think shane realised I like zoas lol

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a trio of peppermint shrimp, no more aiptasia and leaving corals alone...
I’ve fought them in my 125. I can’t do shrimp or nudis because of my wrasse.
I got a copperband that has ate pretty much all of them.

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got a trio of peppermint shrimp, no more aiptasia and leaving corals alone...
I don't trust them. I've read too much about them tearing apart LPS. I had some thing (I think it's my skunk cleaner) that just tore apart my favorite blastos. Just the mouth was taken out when I woke up one morning, nothing else. The skirt is still hanging on with color for one of them, moved it to shadiest no flow area of the tank.

Rennurdoar

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Black friday was my first SBB sale, I got an orange hammer, shroom and a ton of leftover 5-15 dollar zoas. All probably 10-15+ polyps. Just unnamed ones that weren't gone at the end of the sale, pretty colors and they make great pieces for growout, plan to use them in a 3 gallon pico I'm setting up to fill it up almost immediately. Got a couple freebie zoas too, I think shane realised I like zoas lol

My first one also, then I lost everything 3 days after I received it from Stray voltage :( so this sale getting replacements lol

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
SaltwaterAquarium.com
Back