*SBB Corals*- Games by codybot-End of Year/ New Year!!!! 650 WYSIWYG +100 Auctions!!! Prize, games, Giveaways- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Wuzzo

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't trust them. I've read too much about them tearing apart LPS. I had some thing (I think it's my skunk cleaner) that just tore apart my favorite blastos. Just the mouth was taken out when I woke up one morning, nothing else. The skirt is still hanging on with color for one of them, moved it to shadiest no flow area of the tank.
Only ever had one peppermint shrimp, harassed my shrooms, and some stuff just didn't look happy after adding. Been in the hobby 5 years now and still haven't had a cleaner, I need to get my priorities right lol, I really want one.

Wuzzo

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first one also, then I lost everything 3 days after I received it from Stray voltage :( so this sale getting replacements lol
Im sorry for your loss, I treat all tank crashes as funerals, hate when it happens. but in this hobby every tank is bound to go, including mine.

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had two, they released larva every 24 days like clockwork. One randomly died about a month and a half ago. Either a failed molt or age. I bought them large size when I added them almost a year ago, I read they live 3ish years in captivity. I kind of want another since I like the spawning and free food they added for the residents and want to try and raise the larva. I tried a few times and failed. I need a jelly fish tank for it and to start breeding rotifers, they didn't seem to care for the nanno phyto I culture and being in a breeders net box.

steveschuerger

Corals Admittedly Goni and Torch/Frogspawn nut
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't trust them. I've read too much about them tearing apart LPS. I had some thing (I think it's my skunk cleaner) that just tore apart my favorite blastos. Just the mouth was taken out when I woke up one morning, nothing else. The skirt is still hanging on with color for one of them, moved it to shadiest no flow area of the tank.
I got lucky I guess I started with 3 and then 2 for a long time . Used them to deal with an aiptasia mini outbreak. Worked well and besides being a little annoying at times when stealing some food (from my Duncan’s mostly) we’re generally good citizens

Rennurdoar

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very interesting how much the conversation and stuff has died down, even though there's still 10 or so more than the average 40 people viewing the thread. Guess they are waiting for drops
Looking The Office GIF by Travis
Lurk The Office GIF

CodyBot

Game Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
In 15 years, I've never had an issue with Peppermints going after anything but aiptasia or scrap food that I feed. Having said that, I could say that same about asterina starfish until the last six months. I've watched them actively wipe out four figures worth of zoas in about a month or two. Literally watched them crawl on top of happy and open zoas, and eat them. Problem is, there were too many to eliminate in time, I can't watch the tank all night, and the damage is already done. Never again will I have them.

Going forward, I'm going to just buy starfish to feed harlequins to keep them on my payroll. I'd much rather do that than to have them starve and be defenseless again.

steveschuerger

Corals Admittedly Goni and Torch/Frogspawn nut
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In 15 years, I've never had an issue with Peppermints going after anything but aiptasia or scrap food that I feed. Having said that, I could say that same about asterina starfish until the last six months. I've watched them actively wipe out four figures worth of zoas in about a month or two. Literally watched them crawl on top of happy and open zoas, and eat them. Problem is, there were too many to eliminate in time, I can't watch the tank all night, and the damage is already done. Never again will I have them.

Going forward, I'm going to just buy starfish to feed harlequins to keep them on my payroll. I'd much rather do that than to have them starve and be defenseless again.
I miss my harlequin. He passed away after about 6 months. Came as an accidental freebie with a shipment of cuc from Salty Underground

CodyBot

Game Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Very interesting how much the conversation and stuff has died down, even though there's still 10 or so more than the average 40 people viewing the thread. Guess they are waiting for drops
For what it's worth, that number and list at the top isn't terribly accurate. I've been on the phone with people that said they haven't been in the room in hours, yet the list had them on there, in addition to the inverse of that situation. Take it with a grain of salt.

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Ouch. I haven't had them enter my tank yet that I know of. I try to be judicious about dips and inspection. I only had three aptasia so far. One won't die though, used Red Sea aptasia x 3 times. Going to cut the coral off around it this weekend.

CodyBot

Game Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I miss my harlequin. He passed away after about 6 months. Came as an accidental freebie with a shipment of cuc from Salty Underground
What a heck of a hitchhiker! Unfortunately, they have to have starfish to eat or they'll die. That's why I plan on supplementing mine in the future.

CodyBot

Game Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ouch. I haven't had them enter my tank yet that I know of. I try to be judicious about dips and inspection. I only had three aptasia so far. One won't die though, used Red Sea aptasia x 3 times. Going to cut the coral off around it this weekend.
F-Aiptasia works for killing individual heads of aiptasia or unwanted zoas.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Breeders
Back