*SBB Corals*- Games by codybot-End of Year/ New Year!!!! 650 WYSIWYG +100 Auctions!!! Prize, games, Giveaways- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

InvaderJim

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What acros have you tried? I feel like everyone goes for tenuis because of colors, there are more forgiving acros. I've found millis to be easy to start with.
I've tried millis, tenius, a purple/green stag, few other variants I can't recall off the top of my head. even branching cyphatstrea

stoney7713

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do run carbon. But my results have been the same with and without. Not running a UV, I have checked for voltage leaks previously but not lately.

Parameters are pretty solid, and I've mapped the par and it's solid across the tank which is why i'm confused.
2 years, I would think your tank could handle anything. What type of par at you putting them in?

CodyBot

Game Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The other thing to know is what the source is. I bought some mariculture acros since they were cheaper and they are REALLY finicky. I had success with them, but they want to be back in the ocean. My first tank grown acros were from SBB in August and they are super happy and really easy.
In your experience, what is the key to success with maricultured colonies?

InvaderJim

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 years, I would think your tank could handle anything. What type of par at you putting them in?
You would think lol.
par_test-jpg.2924294

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did my first and only one a few weeks ago...ati. seemed fine...a lot of peope do triton
Were your results on point? I'm religious about weekly water changes using TM bioactif. I dose AFR to keep alk stable. Can't imagine I'm out of range for anything which is why I haven't done it and for the first year of reefing I haven't had any set backs.

billyocean

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flow in a standard 125 for me is
2 4k gyres backwards upper.pointing forward
1k gyre middle vertical blowing along back glass
1 jebao 40 on each end/side of the tank..right front blowing along front
Left back blowing along back

Then the return flow

billyocean

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were your results on point? I'm religious about weekly water changes using TM bioactif. I dose AFR to keep alk stable. Can't imagine I'm out of range for anything which is why I haven't done it and for the first year of reefing I haven't had any set backs.
Aside from.my iodine being WAY high from dosing they were. Don't follow seachem iodine directions..did half and it was ridiculously high..but nothing was dying

CodyBot

Game Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sidebar, what icp do people trust. I've never done one, but thinking of getting one for the heck of it.
My club MARSH buys them at wholesale then sells them at cost to our supporting members as a perk, so I have some experience with multiple brands. They're pretty cheap to me, so I ran a couple tests.

The ICP Analysis ones and the Triton seem to have roughly the same results, with the major elements being pretty spot on for both. I bought three ATI ones to run the same test again with but never got around to it. I have to have a dozen of those sitting around by now haha

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In your experience, what is the key to success with maricultured colonies?
Time. They are finicky and you need to place them and not fiddle if they don't show PE right away. One on my favorite tenuis sat and did nothing for over a month, but I'd already learned to leave them be. It has great PE all day now and great colors, but it is very slow growing. The green goblin from SBBs black Friday sale is already encrusting over the edge of the frag plug so I have to find it a permanent spot this weekend.

CodyBot

Game Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Time. They are finicky and you need to place them and not fiddle if they don't show PE right away. One on my favorite tenuis sat and did nothing for over a month, but I'd already learned to leave them be. It has great PE all day now and great colors, but it is very slow growing. The green goblin from SBBs black Friday sale is already encrusting over the edge of the frag plug so I have to find it a permanent spot this weekend.
Specific to light, I've heard conflicting advice. Very high versus low. What works best in your experience?

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back