reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran into this when creating kivy-reef – /read returns the uncalibrated reading. To obtain the calibrated reading, you need to call /api/phprobes/{id}/readings and use the last item in the list (i.e. the most recent reading).

I need to get back to this.. this is very inconvenient, we can just add an option in the read api to optionally get the calibrated valued. in fact i think we should return calibrated values unless explicitly raw value is requested.

Top Shelf Aquatics

iamdan

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be awesome if you can do it! As like with the HA addon it has issues trying to read the latest ph from the readings api as compared to /read since it’s just one value listed

Between that and the graph hiccup I mentioned in GitHub when is it likely an update will come out that will fix this stuff? Just asking :)

iamdan

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to get back to this.. this is very inconvenient, we can just add an option in the read api to optionally get the calibrated valued. in fact i think we should return calibrated values unless explicitly raw value is requested.
Would this change/fix then mean that /read would then by default get the calibrated reading?

Avast
OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would this change/fix then mean that /read would then by default get the calibrated reading?
no. we wont break api, at least not in minor versions,. if we do break api, we'll call this out. I dont intend to break the api, i was thinking of adding an optional calibrated=true parameter in the read api. that will allow the new use case without breaking the old use case

NXE

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no. we wont break api, at least not in minor versions,. if we do break api, we'll call this out. I dont intend to break the api, i was thinking of adding an optional calibrated=true parameter in the read api. that will allow the new use case without breaking the old use case
If you are thinking about publishing a new version of the API, could I put in a request for a way to get the state of an ATO – i.e. whether the float switch/optical level sensor etc. is in contact or not? The 'state' value is available via Prometheus and can be used to display the status of level sensors in Grafana, but I could not see any why to query this via the API.

This is what I have set up in Grafana and it would be great if I could achieve the same in KivyReef via the API:
1685460381282.png

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Geo's Reef
Back