Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For unbiased, fact based testing, there is none I trust more than @telegraham .
Kind words, thank you, but we all have bias. I'm biased against bad advice and misinformation. I'm biased against reef tax. I'm biased against the factless stories we all tell each other. I'm biased against greed. I'm biased against the ba-hole danglers and lap dawgs that propagate misinformation on behalf of Big Reefing. Most of all, I'm biased against stupid humans who support bigotry and hate.

Crap...and water chestnuts. What are they for? I'm biased against them, too. :cool:

Maximitsurugi

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard that a couple of times. Must be some other telegraham bringing in that internet money.

I share my financials annually. This year, the sharing will be public beyond those who hang out in my Discord. Fun fact...my monthly gross income from YouTube is $60.

What I think you'll learn is that my day job is the money maker.

Go ahead and ask others what they make. This would be a fun exercise. I'll wait here.
What!? $60 bucks? Man Jim you ballin! Movin on up like da Jeffersons aren’t ya. Lol

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reals...beyond sharing budget options for high-priced equipment, what's my agenda?
I'd say the vast majority of people that get pulled in are ones that don't understand a subject and want someone to sensibly explain it to them. But many times I find the interpretation of results are misleading, and the conclusions are biased.

There's nothing wrong with that per se, one really can't fault a leader for peoples willingness to follow blindly. However there is a level of responsibility that rests on the shoulders of the story teller.

Maximitsurugi

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm well I understand the subject well. My pocket understands it more. My corals understand it best.
As it regards his testing, I appreciate that it is done by someone who has the tools to test the way the big names should and provides the raw data for comparison. Not to mention, the tester is also a reefer that lives by the results of his tests.
Any opinions I’ve read of him or anyone here, are simply opinions. Not marketing ploys.

I can’t say I appreciate the “follow blindly” remark. It might not be your intention to pander down but it reads that way. Well at least it did to me. Also everyone has the responsibility of their words. I’m sure people choose to click the follow button freely.

Good discussion though @Sisterlimonpot. It’s nice to disagree and still be respectful. Respect

OP
OP
R

reeferpat137

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard that a couple of times. Must be some other telegraham bringing in that internet money.

I share my financials annually. This year, the sharing will be public beyond those who hang out in my Discord. Fun fact...my monthly gross income from YouTube is $60.

What I think you'll learn is that my day job is the money maker.

Go ahead and ask others what they make. This would be a fun exercise. I'll wait here.
I mean, financial flow is usually a good reason for someone who does something well to continue doing it. I actually have a few youtube subscriptions where the content creators tell you that they make the videos so they can support themselves and their families, giving more free time to do what they are passionate about. Not too many people out there are looking to something for nothing

That being said. I just learned about your channel and look forward to going through your results to make an informed decision

telegraham

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What!? $60 bucks? Man Jim you ballin! Movin on up like da Jeffersons aren’t ya. Lol
How you think I can afford that four year old Tesla?
I mean, financial flow is usually a good reason for someone who does something well to continue doing it. I actually have a few youtube subscriptions where the content creators tell you that they make the videos so they can support themselves and their families, giving more free time to do what they are passionate about. Not too many people out there are looking to something for nothing

That being said. I just learned about your channel and look forward to going through your results to make an informed decision
Limber up. I’m an acquired taste.

telegraham

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say the vast majority of people that get pulled in are ones that don't understand a subject and want someone to sensibly explain it to them. But many times I find the interpretation of results are misleading, and the conclusions are biased.

There's nothing wrong with that per se, one really can't fault a leader for peoples willingness to follow blindly. However there is a level of responsibility that rests on the shoulders of the story teller.
What I do in the reefing hobby isn’t new to me. This is, for the most part, how I’ve treated most every aspect of my life. Including work.

My conclusions are absolutely biased. We all, regardless of claims, are biased. My bias focuses on two points…the BS claims of others and what $50k/year me would need to know to make an informed decision.

That responsibility is real. If you can’t sort out that I know that, then you’re not paying attention.

Maximitsurugi

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. I’m waiting for Spread va Par info on the Blade. I see a few sponsored reviews but I want to know how it stacks up to the current competition, the Quanta Meso. I can say this though, the Blade looks like a ****** design. Very sleek.

To the OP, if you haven’t bought a light yet then look at the Reefi Uno 2.0. I’m sure that’ll help you decide.

Spread if you need it, power when you want it, small if you feeling sexy.

OP
OP
R

reeferpat137

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. I’m waiting for Spread va Par info on the Blade. I see a few sponsored reviews but I want to know how it stacks up to the current competition, the Quanta Meso. I can say this though, the Blade looks like a ****** design. Very sleek.

To the OP, if you haven’t bought a light yet then look at the Reefi Uno 2.0. I’m sure that’ll help you decide.

Spread if you need it, power when you want it, small if you feeling sexy.
What would be really cool. If i could combine the controlability of the ReeFi with the strip lights Quanta puts out

Maximitsurugi

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be really cool. If i could combine the controlability of the ReeFi with the strip lights Quanta puts out
Id just take a controllable Quanta Bar if I could get it. Some of the lamest lights have BT. Lol.

Personally I want a homogenous system. I don’t want just on/off. I use bar lights to wrap corals in light from a different angle than my main light. I just want to determine the par those corals get. I definitely don’t want to mount my lights at different heights in order to compensate for a fixed intensity.

OP
OP
R

reeferpat137

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id just take a controllable Quanta Bar if I could get it. Some of the lamest lights have BT. Lol.

Personally I want a homogenous system. I don’t want just on/off. I use bar lights to wrap corals in light from a different angle than my main light. I just want to determine the par those corals get. I definitely don’t want to mount my lights at different heights in order to compensate for a fixed intensity.
Yea, toying around with different heights for different lights doesnt sound fun. And i am also not a fan of the on/off. I feel like it might shock fish and corals... just imagine sleeping soundly (with no eyelids, mind you), then bam! 2000 watt lightbulb, straight to the face

OP
OP
R

reeferpat137

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bam yes GIF

telegraham

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, toying around with different heights for different lights doesnt sound fun. And i am also not a fan of the on/off. I feel like it might shock fish and corals... just imagine sleeping soundly (with no eyelids, mind you), then bam! 2000 watt lightbulb, straight to the face
When complimenting main lights, I ramp them then fire up the bars. No bam.

OrlandoAIOReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand the part of marketing, but why I had to go to Radions and AIs is because their software smokes the rest, with normal cheap lights you can't control the intensity per channel, most are just grouped by 2 or 3 instead of per channel (Current USA).

Radions can have lots of options like ramp up for climating, so I would like to know if the cheap lights you are mentioning can do all those programming or are just turn off on and that's it?
The Noo-Psyche K7s can do all that for 200$ for a xr30 like fixture , I’m looking at blades right now because my upgrade tank is eurobraced & I’m too lazy to make mounts

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back