Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, any of the lights mentioned would work fine for you with no detectable impact on the fauna in your tank. Besides, there will likely be a new light out from someone that will then be labeled the latest and greatest especially by those that sell it. I would worry more about which one works best for you aesthetically and budget wise.

Poochaku

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know, that's my final tank size, I can't afford a bigger one than my 40 inches long x 24 inches tall tank (space and costs).

I currently have one Current USA 32 inches strip + one Radion XR 15 Pro Gen 3, I don't have corals yet, but I plan to.

By the way my Radion XR 15 Pro Gen 3 has been running since august 2015, nobody knows yet how long will last/take the ReeFi lights to start to break.
That is true that no one know about the longevity but the breakdowns show very rugged hardware and they additionally have a 3! Year warranty. Far better than other lights on the market

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
About reviews, is a double edge sword, a lot of youtubers will say they are amazing but that doesn't necessarily means they are saying the truth.

For example, some youtubers claim the best CO2 solenoid is the CarbonDoser, which is not true, is just an overpriced cheap solenoid with a $15 circuit that turns on and off the solenoid pretty fast.
While individuals such are you tube reviews are considered , I look to BRS, Saltwater tank, Dan Riddle and others for credible testing.

enb141

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, any of the lights mentioned would work fine for you with no detectable impact on the fauna in your tank. Besides, there will likely be a new light out from someone that will then be labeled the latest and greatest especially by those that sell it. I would worry more about which one works best for you aesthetically and budget wise.
Totally agree with your, that's why I currently have a Current USA strip + G3 Radion XR15 Pro for my 1 meter long + 60 cm deep tank.

But the problem is that my XR15 Pro is pretty old, so it could die anytime soon, so I'm thinking to upgrade it, so that's why I'm doing my research going into the "marketing" side.

enb141

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is true that no one know about the longevity but the breakdowns show very rugged hardware and they additionally have a 3! Year warranty. Far better than other lights on the market
Yes, in paper they are a tank but still there's a chance that they have a design flaw that makes their lights to fail sooner, very unlikely but still a possibility, If I lived in the states I wouldn't be worried but in my case, If the lights fails, I had to spend between 33% to 50% of the total pricing of the lights for shipping and getting them back for warranties.

enb141

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While individuals such are you tube reviews are considered , I look to BRS, Saltwater tank, Dan Riddle and others for credible testing.
BRS are pretty good guys with good knowledge and good research, but they will only recommend and compare items / gadgets that they sell, and also they will try to show you and recommend some products that you don't need but they want to sell to you.

Saltwater tank and some others, they receive those radions, ai for free, in other words, they are biased, I'm not saying they are not saying the truth but their reviews are biased by those free products.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
BRS are pretty good guys with good knowledge and good research, but they will only recommend and compare items / gadgets that they sell, and also they will try to show you and recommend some products that you don't need but they want to sell to you.

Saltwater tank and some others, they receive those radions, ai for free, in other words, they are biased, I'm not saying they are not saying the truth but their reviews are biased by those free products.
Its their presentation - For Data, Dana Riddle and a couple of others break down the numbers. Ive been through many lights over the last 4 decades and the recent review sources have been fairly accurate which led me to 4 years of running Orpheks and are the best lights Ive had thus far

enb141

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its their presentation - For Data, Dana Riddle and a couple of others break down the numbers. Ive been through many lights over the last 4 decades and the recent review sources have been fairly accurate which led me to 4 years of running Orpheks and are the best lights Ive had thus far
Cool, hopefully you can test the ReeFi lights and tell us if those are the best lights up to date.

reefluvrr

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have installed 2 Reeffi Uno 2 Pro on my 40 gallon tank and my sps have fluoresce more due to the true uv spectrum. Definitely more bang for buck compared to radion rx15.

I was looking at the new blade led lights as well to try on my small 10 gallon tank. I do not see any dimmer or ability to ramp the led from dawn to dusk setting. If you were planning to buy multiple blade, then it would be nice to be able to set some sort of timer/dimmer settings in my opinion.

I asked the maker of reefi uno2 about your tank layout.
He said 1 Uno2 for 24"x24" is plenty of light, but if the short side of tank if less than 24" then you will get light spill outside of the tank.

I would definitely check his website and ask him questions since there is so much more customization of that light.

HTH

rtparty

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have installed 2 Reeffi Uno 2 Pro on my 40 gallon tank and my sps have fluoresce more due to the true uv spectrum. Definitely more bang for buck compared to radion rx15.

I was looking at the new blade led lights as well to try on my small 10 gallon tank. I do not see any dimmer or ability to ramp the led from dawn to dusk setting. If you were planning to buy multiple blade, then it would be nice to be able to set some sort of timer/dimmer settings in my opinion.

I asked the maker of reefi uno2 about your tank layout.
He said 1 Uno2 for 24"x24" is plenty of light, but if the short side of tank if less than 24" then you will get light spill outside of the tank.

I would definitely check his website and ask him questions since there is so much more customization of that light.

HTH

The Blade is fully controllable through the MyAI app. Full ramp up and down and spectrum selection

Maximitsurugi

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For unbiased, fact based testing, there is none I trust more than @telegraham . He’s on Instagram mainly, I think. Just dry, proof based reviews and best of all, he breaks down the physical equipment and tells you what you’re actually paying for.

He has the Reefi Uno 2.0 on the chopping block in a little bit and I’m sure he’ll tear down a Blade really soon too. Patience is our friend.

enb141

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For unbiased, fact based testing, there is none I trust more than @telegraham . He’s on Instagram mainly, I think. Just dry, proof based reviews and best of all, he breaks down the physical equipment and tells you what you’re actually paying for.

He has the Reefi Uno 2.0 on the chopping block in a little bit and I’m sure he’ll tear down a Blade really soon too. Patience is our friend.

So chopping block in a little bit means they are great?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So chopping block in a little bit means they are great?
No, it means he's going to tear it down as to figure out what makes it tick.

The one thing we have to be careful about is bias in the other direction.

I wouldn't say Jim is unbiased. He just strikes a chord with certain people. But there's still an agenda.

Maximitsurugi

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it means he's going to tear it down as to figure out what makes it tick.

The one thing we have to be careful about is bias in the other direction.

I wouldn't say Jim is unbiased. He just strikes a chord with certain people. But there's still an agenda.
Could you let me know what that agenda is? I really would like to be privy to it.

Maximitsurugi

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The agenda is to make money
@telegraham doesn’t make money off what he reviews to my very good memory. Also if having an agenda means having an opinion, then there is no such thing as an unbiased review.

Check his reviews and take from them what you will but you’ll quickly realize that he isn’t trying to hide anything, inflate any specs nor market any particular product. If a product tests well, the usual conclusion is that it’s the preferred choice, “for now” but there are also many options and combinations available to save reefers money.

Id love to hear about the agenda though. @Sisterlimonpot . If the agenda is to fight the reef MAN then I’ll agree.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@telegraham just posted first pic...

Shocked Oh No GIF by Yêu Lu

telegraham

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The agenda is to make money
I've heard that a couple of times. Must be some other telegraham bringing in that internet money.

I share my financials annually. This year, the sharing will be public beyond those who hang out in my Discord. Fun fact...my monthly gross income from YouTube is $60.

What I think you'll learn is that my day job is the money maker.

Go ahead and ask others what they make. This would be a fun exercise. I'll wait here.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Your Reef
Back