+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, it seems to be a real good replacement for my old G3 Radion XR15

Just be sure to acclimate your corals as it is a lot more power then a XR15. Treat it like it were two XR15's. It does have an acclimation mode so it an auto ramp up over X number of days.

enb141

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be sure to acclimate your corals as it is a lot more power then a XR15. Treat it like it were two XR15's. It does have an acclimation mode so it an auto ramp up over X number of days.
I know, all my corals died years ago, I only have fishes, but I will slowly ramp up the lights, when I have my corals.

By the way, correct me if I'm wrong, Do this means that I will be pretty much ready with only with one ReeFi Uno 2.0 Pro for my 75 gallon tank (1 meter long 60 cm deep)?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know, all my corals died years ago, I only have fishes, but I will slowly ramp up the lights, when I have my corals.

By the way, correct me if I'm wrong, Do this means that I will be pretty much ready with only with one ReeFi Uno 2.0 Pro for my 75 gallon tank (1 meter long 60 cm deep)?

Post #19 sort of answers this...

enb141

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post #19 sort of answers this...

Post 19 says this:
Ive got 4 tanks. A pnw micro, fluval 13.5, 65g, and this 20L build. I dont need any more or any bigger lol. Ive got my hands plenty full with what ive got

To me that doesn't answers my question :(

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post 19 says this:

To me that doesn't answers my question :(

haha.. it says you can do 32x32 area for softies/LPS/mixed tank if you hang it higher but you will have light spill since your tank is longer then wide.

OP
OP
R

reeferpat137

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These ReeFi lights are looking pretty good from the looks of the videos and their website. Buttloads of par. But the smaller form factor leads me to think shadowing could be a thing... these guys need to get with making some strip lights

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These ReeFi lights are looking pretty good from the looks of the videos and their website. Buttloads of par. But the smaller form factor leads me to think shadowing could be a thing... these guys need to get with making some strip lights

Well it is only fair to compare it to AI or radion and puck style.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tamberav do you know how quiet the ReeFi 2.0 is? I read that it requires high flow, high pressure air flow to keep it cool. Sounds like it could be noisy

It says on the website:

"Fan is controlled with temperature sensor and PID (Proportional, Integral and Derivative) feedbacks to maintain whisper quiet fan noise."

I do not know about the noise other then no one has ever mentioned the fans that I saw.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just trying to drop a name for people to look into so they had all the options. Did not expect to get so many questions lol

There are members here who have them and he mentions the fan turning on frequently but noise being low:

enb141

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha.. it says you can do 32x32 area for softies/LPS/mixed tank if you hang it higher but you will have light spill since your tank is longer then wide.
I see, so in other words I will need 2 of this.

So now the weird question, what about using one ReeFi Uno 2.0 Pro with one AI Blade?

I only plan to have SPS by the way (mostly the montiporas that everyone has).

rtparty

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

After talking to a few more who have or have played with the Blade, you only need one for a 20L. Two at most if you plan SPS.

4 of them will cover my tank and it’s 72*36. I will likely end up with 5 at some point down the road.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see, so in other words I will need 2 of this.

So now the weird question, what about using one ReeFi Uno 2.0 Pro with one AI Blade?

I only plan to have SPS by the way (mostly the montiporas that everyone has).

Montipora is pretty easy and won’t be so demanding in the light department. I would start with one reefi then personally. You can always add another or add led bars. 20 long is shallow.

One thing to keep in mind… led bars are not as fool proof for tank upgrades. If you have a 30 inch blade but upgrade do a 48 inch tank, you now need longer bars. Technically if you upgrade with a puck style light, you just keep what you have and add another.

enb141

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Montipora is pretty easy and won’t be so demanding in the light department. I would start with one reefi then personally. You can always add another or add led bars. 20 long is shallow.

One thing to keep in mind… led bars are not as fool proof for tank upgrades. If you have a 30 inch blade but upgrade do a 48 inch tank, you now need longer bars. Technically if you upgrade with a puck style light, you just keep what you have and add another.
I know, that's my final tank size, I can't afford a bigger one than my 40 inches long x 24 inches tall tank (space and costs).

I currently have one Current USA 32 inches strip + one Radion XR 15 Pro Gen 3, I don't have corals yet, but I plan to.

By the way my Radion XR 15 Pro Gen 3 has been running since august 2015, nobody knows yet how long will last/take the ReeFi lights to start to break.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know, that's my final tank size, I can't afford a bigger one than my 40 inches long x 24 inches tall tank (space and costs).

I currently have one Current USA 32 inches strip + one Radion XR 15 Pro Gen 3, I don't have corals yet, but I plan to.

By the way my Radion XR 15 Pro Gen 3 has been running since august 2015, nobody knows yet how long will last/take the ReeFi lights to start to break.

Fair point, but does gen 3 radion apply to gen 6? They are fairly differently designed lights.

Also just curious but why not continue to use your g3 light and just add another light of some kind?

enb141

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fair point, but does gen 3 radion apply to gen 6? They are fairly differently designed lights.

Also just curious but why not continue to use your g3 light and just add another light of some kind?
I'm still using it, but for the SPS corals, I don't think is enough, and also because that light could die at any time.

And because they don't look aesthetic, even one Radion G3 paired with one Radion G6 doesn't look nice (at least to me), that's why I'm looking for 2 equal lights (if I need more than one).

Bars are different story because they don't look that bad if you have one bar from one manufacturer and one for another manufacturer (but you need them at the same height and also both have to be about the same thickness).

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still using it, but for the SPS corals, I don't think is enough, and also because that light could die at any time.

And because they don't look aesthetic, even one Radion G3 paired with one Radion G6 doesn't look nice (at least to me), that's why I'm looking for 2 equal lights (if I need more than one).

Bars are different story because they don't look that bad if you have one bar from one manufacturer and one for another manufacturer (but you need them at the same height and also both have to be about the same thickness).

Ya that is totally fair about aesthetics. Aesthetic wise my bet is 3 blades would look the best over a 20 long if money isn't an issue. Just pricey and we have no idea how well they hold up but that is with any new release of equiptment. At least we know the AI app works well, mobius not so well. I keep hoping they will let us use the AI app with the radions.

I will say the blade seems less full spectrum then other lights? It is basically blue + cool white + "violets" (they say UV but it's not really UV) whereas a radion blue would also have some warm whites and a red in it and a radion pro would also have some green and a few extra warm whites.

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ive got a 20L that im building out. It will have 24" of viewing in a peninsula setup. I was planning on buying a radion, but the AI Blade just came out. The idea of having 3, 21" (2 grow, 1 glow) Blades is very enticing. The plan is for sps dominant. What are your thoughts?

View attachment 2961529 View attachment 2961530
While the blades look promising, I would want to see feedback and reviews. The G6 has multiple diodes versus the blade which steers me to the G6

enb141

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya that is totally fair about aesthetics. Aesthetic wise my bet is 3 blades would look the best over a 20 long if money isn't an issue. Just pricey and we have no idea how well they hold up but that is with any new release of equiptment. At least we know the AI app works well, mobius not so well. I keep hoping they will let us use the AI app with the radions.

I will say the blade seems less full spectrum then other lights? It is basically blue + cool white + "violets" (they say UV but it's not really UV) whereas a radion blue would also have some warm whites and a red in it and a radion pro would also have some green and a few extra warm whites.
Yes, that seem to be their direction to sell more lights, they are dividing their lights in two segments so most people with buy at least 33% more lights (2 Radions + 1 Radion Blue / 2 Grow Blades + 1 Glow Blade).

enb141

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While the blades look promising, I would want to see feedback and reviews. The G6 has multiple diodes versus the blade which steers me to the G6

About reviews, is a double edge sword, a lot of youtubers will say they are amazing but that doesn't necessarily means they are saying the truth.

For example, some youtubers claim the best CO2 solenoid is the CarbonDoser, which is not true, is just an overpriced cheap solenoid with a $15 circuit that turns on and off the solenoid pretty fast.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back