R2R LIVE SALE 3/5/22 SAT - Aqua SD 15th Year Anniversary LIVE SALE - Discounts, Games, Freebies, Fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tbrown3589

It's just me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Shared on Facebook
Screenshot_20220304-201501.png

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I panicked. Immediately thought “wow, they changed their relationship status on FB, they for real broke up with us…”
Relationship status….? Sorry don’t Facebook or InstaME

jkcoral

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Relationship status….? Sorry don’t Facebook or InstaME

Hahaha! No worries, I didn’t think about how weird that would sound to someone that hadn’t heard of it.

Basically, on FB there is a “relationship status” on your profile. You can change it to different things, like having it say “In a relationship with TnFishwater86”, or to “single”, or if your girlfriend is dramatic they switch it from “in a relationship” to “it’s complicated” lol.

And at one point in time, people could be dating or whatever and their friends would ask “yeah, but is it Facebook official?” Meaning, did the two people change their “relationship status” to “in a relationship with..” eachother (e.g. the equivalent of being a “public” or “real” couple in todays toxic age lol).

But this relationship status, and being Facebook official works both ways. While someone might think that it’s not a real relationship until it’s “Facebook official,” the Facebook relationship status also confirm breakups hahaha. “Oh my gosh Emily, did he really break up with you?” And Emily would say “he actually dumped me, he’s serious, he already changed his relationship status on Facebook.”

Sorry for the long description. It’s just a weird and funny thing from our weird culture today.

So AquaSD must have really broken up with us because their Facebook page didn’t say “In a relationship with jkcorals.”

JoJosReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha! No worries, I didn’t think about how weird that would sound to someone that hadn’t heard of it.

Basically, on FB there is a “relationship status” on your profile. You can change it to different things, like having it say “In a relationship with TnFishwater86”, or to “single”, or if your girlfriend is dramatic they switch it from “in a relationship” to “it’s complicated” lol.

And at one point in time, people could be dating or whatever and their friends would ask “yeah, but is it Facebook official?” Meaning, did the two people change their “relationship status” to “in a relationship with..” eachother (e.g. the equivalent of being a “public” or “real” couple in todays toxic age lol).

But this relationship status, and being Facebook official works both ways. While someone might think that it’s not a real relationship until it’s “Facebook official,” the Facebook relationship status also confirm breakups hahaha. “Oh my gosh Emily, did he really break up with you?” And Emily would say “he actually dumped me, he’s serious, he already changed his relationship status on Facebook.”

Sorry for the long description. It’s just a weird and funny thing from our weird culture today.

So AquaSD must have really broken up with us because their Facebook page didn’t say “In a relationship with jkcorals.”

It was really a one-way relationship anyways. @TeamAquaSD would just give, give, give, and you just take, take, take.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was really a one-way relationship anyways. @TeamAquaSD would just give, give, give, and you just take, take, take.

Hahahaha!

It’s true. I thought we were codependent, but then I realized it’s only me that needs them. I became toxic in my dependence. But I’ll still blame them for making me that way lol

JoJosReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahaha!

It’s true. I thought we were codependent, but then I realized it’s only me that needs them. I became toxic in my dependence. But I’ll still blame them for making me that way lol
Yes, they're the one you just can't let go of can you? Tell yourself, I'm not going back, I'm through. But before the week is out (Thursday to be exact), you're back. And you'll always be back.

TnFishwater98

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahaha!

I can see where Live Sales might become awkward between everyone involved in this relationship status change…… :oops:
awkward third wheel GIF by GuiltyParty

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahaha!

Probably why they Ghosted us

ghosting.gif

jkcoral

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang! Sold pretty high prices. They used to average $25-$35 a few years ago I feel.
Joe Dirt GIF by MOODMAN

Those bids made absolutely no sense to me. Literally hurt my brain to see it haha.

Sometimes things on eBay get really strange and people just run the price through the roof. During the last big sale ASD had there was a couple frogspawn on their eBay auctions where people bid them up wayyy over the price for the same coral that was being sold for an amazing deal on the ASD website. I’ve seen it happen on WWC auctions all the time lol.

Good, fat, vibrant “ultras” can still be commonly had for $25-$30 each if buying in packs (I usually buy 8-10 at a time for this reason). But prices for single “ultra” RFAs are higher than they use to be.

TnFishwater98

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those bids made absolutely no sense to me. Literally hurt my brain to see it haha.

Sometimes things on eBay get really strange and people just run the price through the roof. During the last big sale ASD had there was a couple frogspawn on their eBay auctions where people bid them up wayyy over the price for the same coral that was being sold for an amazing deal on the ASD website. I’ve seen it happen on WWC auctions all the time lol.

Good, fat, vibrant “ultras” can still be commonly had for $25-$30 each if buying in packs (I usually buy 8-10 at a time for this reason). But prices for single “ultra” RFAs are higher than they use to be.
I don’t eBay either lol….
Party College GIF by Hooked

jkcoral

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they're the one you just can't let go of can you? Tell yourself, I'm not going back, I'm through. But before the week is out (Thursday to be exact), you're back. And you'll always be back.

Here I am, a while has passed since the last big sale, thinking I’m over it, I’ve finally moved on.

But as soon as I see “R2R LIVE SALE 3/5/22 SAT - Aqua SD 15th Year Anniversary LIVE SALE” pop up in my feed all I could think was “you just love hurting me, don’t you.” Haha

TnFishwater98

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here I am, a while has passed since the last big sale, thinking I’m over it, I’ve finally moved on.

But as soon as I see “R2R LIVE SALE 3/5/22 SAT - Aqua SD 15th Year Anniversary LIVE SALE” pop up in my feed all I could think was “you just love hurting me, don’t you.” Haha
Hard to resist

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

WWW.ANIMATEDCORALS.COM
Back