+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and I would like to say first off thanks for your help in advance.

I bought a queen angelfish (about 1.5"-2") from my LFS about 3 weeks ago. Since his arrival to my tank, he's been eating very well and swimming around happy as can be.

Up until 3 days ago, I noticed he stopped eating and would hide al day. He spazzes from time to time and I noticed body marks. Please see picture below. Can anyone give me tips or advise as to what this might be and how to cure it? It's been in a tank with a sailfin tang (3.5-4") and a Bursa Trigger (2-2.5") all three were happily swimming together until my queen suddenly started losing color and had symptoms mentioned Above. Please help I want to try to fix it before anything bad happens to it.

Tested the water and nitrate was a little high but nothing out of the usual. Did a 20% water change yesterday.

IMG_2516.JPG

World Wide Corals

maroun.c

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum.
If u can catch it maybe a freshwater dip to rule out flukes. If under them (they become opaque after few minutes in fresh water) then maybe couple rounds of prazi preferably in quarantine.

AS

Ubans13

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry missed the hiding all day. Usually hiding all day is more towards velvet. Also velvet will affect the color of the fish as this parasite will almost look like a powder on the outside of the fish. You could try a fresh water dip to relieve symptoms of velvet. Does the fish flash on rocks from time to time.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with FW dip to check for flukes and/or provide temporary relief of velvet: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/freshwater-dip.248898/

After that, either way, he needs to go into QT for Prazipro treatment (for flukes) or to be treated for Marine Velvet Disease: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/velvet-amyloodinium-ocellatum.217570/

The white film is a secondary bacterial infection and will require antibiotics. But at the root of the problem is a parasite or worm, and that is what's causing the spazzing.

The words above in blue contain links to more information.

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back