Planning on ordering an IM 200 EXT this fall and need help with equipment

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best advice I can give is think ahead when you purchase equipment or you will end up spending more money down the road to upgrade things. I have an IM100 EXT and I'm running the Octo 200 Elite INT and it's great for my system. If I were running a 200 EXT I would look at the 220 series skimmers from Octo.
If you ever hook a venturi skimmer to your system, you will never buy another needle wheel type ever again. Even recirculating needle wheels are lack luster in performance compared to venturi driven type. This is why commercial aquariums use venturi's types.

Devaji

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 2 cents...
I have there 200P it replaced a RS 650P that the seam started to fail..
tanks and stand a very nice easier to build that WB/RS stands. only down side is cant screw in to the wood like you could on other stands.

SUMP
the sump looks so nice and is kinda but for the peninsula model its not right should be a "race track" style sump like on other brands. I think they just made on sump to fit them all. might not be a problem for you if your going non peninsula .
I wend aded and got it and the time id was only a few hundred more had to do my own plumping before they sold it as a PNP system.

there are other options out there. but prob. will be more $$
life reef makes amazing custom sumps if you dont want to DIY one.

I have 2X mp40 on my but it's a FOWLR if I was doing acros would deffently need more.. I like your flow idea.

lots of light options out there. I am using 2X 24" reefbredrs phontos V2 turned way down.

SKIMMER:
I am using the RO 250 int. it just works amazing! that siad I always wanted to try a lifereef skimmer but RO has never let me down.

I am a huge fan of ATS!! using the icecap pro medium in sump model working great!
something to think about..

enjoy the tank!

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'm currently in the planning stages of my first large reef tank. The largest tank I've ever owned was a 40 breeder with 20 sump for a few years. Due to moving/work/kids I have not been able to setup the large tank I've always dreamed of. However, the wife just oked the 200 and said I can start purchasing equipment over the next 8-10 months before we order the tank setup. So far here's a list of what I'm currently planning on getting.
Tank - IM 200 gallon EXT complete system
Stand - APS stand that comes with tank
Sump - RFS50 Sump
Lights - Unsure maybe AI hydra/T5 combo? Not sure how many I'd need or 32/64? Planning a mixed reef that's a bit heavier on Acros
Powerheads - 2 MP40's and 2 Gyres XF330's
Skimmer - Reef Octo 200 8" (kinda $$$)? A bit unsure here
Controller - Apex w/trident
ATO - Tunze Osmolator 3155
Dosing pumps - No clue lol

I already have hanna testers and salifert kits and a 5 stage 150 gpd rodi. Anything else crucial I seem to be missing? Any help in the areas I'm unsure of would be amazing!
May want to consider adding a roller fleece filter just for the ability to filter better than 100um. Or if for convenience of not having to change filter socks every 2-3 days.
I have the RFS 39 sump, and fitted in the Fiji cube roller filter and posted the simple mods that are needed to make the filter work in the RFS 39 sump.

Devaji

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May want to consider adding a roller fleece filter just for the ability to filter better than 100um. Or if for convenience of not having to change filter socks every 2-3 days.
I have the RFS 39 sump, and fitted in the Fiji cube roller filter and posted the simple mods that are needed to make the filter work in the RFS 39 sump.
I did not know fiji cube started making roller mats. cool another brand to choose from.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back