OP
OP
K

Krad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
alright checked my parameters this morning and tanks good for life.

Picked up 3 Panama cardinals and a purple fire fish today everyone’s doing good so far.

Super glad I decided to get those rocks wet in 2023, dosed 7 tsps of dr Tim’s ammonia Monday @ 3 ppm and it was zero Thursday night. Nitrites never moved and hannas are picking up nirate and phosphate.

It’s alive!

OP
OP
K

Krad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wasn’t expecting to see him out so quick!
IMG_1736.jpeg

Got a water resistant led strip to put in the stand and even managed some cables LOL

IMG_1733.jpeg

IMG_1734.jpeg

OP
OP
K

Krad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful. I also added a purple firefish as one of my first fish. Love them!
Thank you I’ve never had one and wanted one to be first in this tank. Trying to make sure I put in my peaceful fish first and give them a few months to settle before I get some tangs!

Really liking the scissor tail dart fish, he and the clowns seem to have put the others to ease and there’s a lot more swimming around the tank today.

cale0721

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you I’ve never had one and wanted one to be first in this tank. Trying to make sure I put in my peaceful fish first and give them a few months to settle before I get some tangs!

Really liking the scissor tail dart fish, he and the clowns seem to have put the others to ease and there’s a lot more swimming around the tank today.
Same here. I did add a small 2 inch hippo tang with my two fairy wrasses and Bella goby. So far all five fish are doing well.

OP
OP
K

Krad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Same here. I did add a small 2 inch hippo tang with my two fairy wrasses and Bella goby. So far all five fish are doing well.
Nice I’m going to get a few tangs. So far the tang plan is an orange shoulder first and a purple tang last.

Can’t decide what other tangs I want, probably a bristletooth and maybe a yellow. Kids want a hippo too but I’m not sold lol.

Other fish plans include a few wrasse and a school of anthias but that’s not going to happen anytime soon. I want a decent amount of pods going before then and some more maturity in the tank.

OP
OP
K

Krad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi there! Looking good so far. Did your stand come pre-assembled?
Hi and thank you!

No it didn't but wasn't bad to put together however it gave me the most anxiety haha.

I am not used to how "flimsy" it feels since its aluminum (doubt its even 100lbs) and am always second guessing myself if I tightened down every lock when putting it together.

Its holding strong after a week so I think we are good :grimacing-face: LOL, no going back now!

fishybizzness

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi and thank you!

No it didn't but wasn't bad to put together however it gave me the most anxiety haha.

I am not used to how "flimsy" it feels since its aluminum (doubt its even 100lbs) and am always second guessing myself if I tightened down every lock when putting it together.

Its holding strong after a week so I think we are good :grimacing-face: LOL, no going back now!
The reason I asked is that my stand and sump for my 200 both came in a simple cardboard box and I saw that yours came in a wooden box similar to your tank.

fishybizzness

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They changed the packaging. That's a big improvement!

Attachments

• 20240510_152851.jpg
    20240510_152851.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
K

Krad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Week in and all livestock is doing great. Everyone is getting along and eating well.

pH sitting around 7.9 which I expected being in the basement, running a line outdoors for the skimmer and see if that gets me to 8.1.

Alk staying at 7.5 will see if the ph change with have any affect on it dosing pumps aren’t set up yet.

Sent out a ICP today to double check my numbers, hoping to get some LPS going at the end of October.

No algae yet which is surprising. I have a decent amount of phosphate so maybe I’ll turn the UV off

OP
OP
K

Krad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It’s not pretty but phase 1 of cable management done lol, at least they are all run to the unfinished side.

Deciding what I want to do with the power bricks and controllers still.

Still need to finish up the drop ceiling as well and get the tiles back in place

IMG_1763.jpeg
IMG_1764.jpeg

OP
OP
K

Krad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Drop ceiling tiles are back in and it looks good. Got the airline ran for the skimmer outside today will see if that has a effect on ph, currently its at 8.03.

Ordered a orange shoulder tang that's coming in tomorrow from marine collectors!

OP
OP
K

Krad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ran the outdoor skimmer line and I got the pH to become stable at 8.1. Going to start setting up the dosing pumps and containers to find a layout I like.

New tang acclimated great and eating everything.

Diatoms are on full affect!

OP
OP
K

Krad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Quick update, some up's and downs as expected!

Lost the bigger clown, not sure as to why. Suddenly stopped eating and was swimming strange. Last day it started breathing very fast so I knew something was seriously wrong and tried a FW dip as a last ditch effort. Shorty passed after being re-added to tank, daughter is taking it well at least!

All other fish are doing great so far and will keep monitoring it case it was a bug.

The big cardinal is... thanks to reef2reef for the diagnosis... carrying eggs in his mouth! I'll try and see if I can catch the hatch.

I got my alk and calicum to 8.5 and 440ppm pretty steady with a ph of 8.3, will most likely get a few more hard corals soon to add some color.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back