Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pls watch this link they are trying to cancel to fish,reptile and tropical bird industrie in Florida if you dont wanna watch it all Skip to around 8 minutes and watch till the end.

in the Netherlands they are trying to get the farmers land in Florida they want the tropical fish breeding land ! Thousands of fish will be banned from the hobby if this lobby gets their way

Florida trying to ban the tropical fish,reptiles and birds

timry2

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you start, this goes beyond just a conversation. I’ve been in the hobby for over 35 years and having a large choice of fish that were adaptable to my level of skill was detrimental to my success. If they ban a large quantity of fish and the list is comprised mostly of hard to keep fish the supply will quickly turn into a dark unregulated market. Then we will begin to see species decline. The video makes sense but man how do you convey the message from two hippies. I know the younger generation will glance at the video for 5 seconds and say nope not for me and not watch it completely.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

legionofdoon

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does this include corals? if not then...
It started with reptiles about 4 years ago and no one paid any attention. Petitions (over 100,000) did nothing! Corals will most certainly be banned as well after the tropical fish ban quiets down.

GatorGreg

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It started with reptiles about 4 years ago and no one paid any attention. Petitions (over 100,000) did nothing! Corals will most certainly be banned as well after the tropical fish ban quiets down.

Give them an inch and they’ll take a mile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Corals.com

GatorGreg

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how do we get these young people excited.

Very few young folks are interested in hobbies and things like this anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Shelf Aquatics

legionofdoon

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very few young people can afford this hobby. It all began with LEDs and then insanely priced coral. I don't dislike LEDs. I'm just saying that's where the greed began with vendors and hobbyists.
That's not true, the reptile hobby is just as expensive, and my children are very enthusiastic about that. Regardless you can still set up a tank on the cheap if you know how to read.

Gatorpa

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you think corals will be banned?

Certainly there is an issue with some invasive species, pythons, lion fish etc.

Seems like most of the fish in the trade pose no threat to take over and would not be subject to banning.

I wonder what ORA’s take on this is…

Corals.com

legionofdoon

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very good point. But I’ll play

Pot is pretty expensive. So are vapes, apple products designer clothing and going to the club. But the young folks around my area have plenty of funding for that. Priorities my friend.

I do agree with you that our economy is in shambles. I’m enjoying the hobby and finer things in life while I can. I don’t expect our American experiment to last much longer for ANY of us.
Best way to insulate from inflation is to buy as much stuff as you can before the price goes up. Your fiat savings will be absolutely destroyed

GatorGreg

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Seems like most of the fish in the trade pose no threat to take over and would not be subject to banning.

Because “they” never stop at what the initial proposal is. It’s always worse and worse and worse.

legionofdoon

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Because they aren't talking about reptiles anymore it's basically any critter besides a dog or cat that can survive in Florida. It's Australian level thinking

Avast

aws2266

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Florida has some big problems when it comes to invasive species, so it's no wonder they are taking such drastic steps. Maybe if people in the hobby would speak up when they see their friends doing something detrimental we wouldn't be in this position. Also, in all these videos talking about this bill, I've never once seen someone link to it. Could be because it's not the end of the world like some people are making it out to be.

Last edited:
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AquaNerd
Back