Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you guys make it through okay down there? We are devastated that the area we have been visiting for the last 10 years or so has been so badly damaged. We really liked staying in the Matlacha and Pine Island area and it is pretty much wiped out now. We were looking at places to stay down there for a week in December/January literally two days before this hit.
We have a place very close to Ron. My husband is at our place in Cape Coral. There is no water or electricity. We have great damage from flooding and wind. My in-laws live 10 minutes away in Fort Myers and there house was gone. I don’t expect to hear from Ron for a while. Just hope they are okay

ReefSlice

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a place very close to Ron. My husband is at our place in Cape Coral. There is no water or electricity. We have great damage from flooding and wind. My in-laws live 10 minutes away in Fort Myers and there house was gone. I don’t expect to hear from Ron for a while. Just hope they are okay
I'm in Fort Myers by the beach. Lost my parents house, my boat (my job) and the bottom level and garages in my condo complex. Hope both of you guys made out a little better, cape looks to have been spared by the surge compared to what happened over this way. 4' of water here 3 miles from the coast. Finally got a generator running to keep the tank somewhat alive today after running on bubble boxes for a few days.

Nutramar Foods

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a text from Ron. They are fine. His house is OK but a lot of yard damage. He has no utilities.

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Fort Myers by the beach. Lost my parents house, my boat (my job) and the bottom level and garages in my condo complex. Hope both of you guys made out a little better, cape looks to have been spared by the surge compared to what happened over this way. 4' of water here 3 miles from the coast. Finally got a generator running to keep the tank somewhat alive today after running on bubble boxes for a few days.
How far inland did the storm surge go and cause damage?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R2R has just set up a new user forum in the Reef Club section. It's the Marine Aquarium Club of SW Florida also to be known as MAC of SWF. Please feel free to join the group if you are interested. I know it will be a slow start, but hopefully we can grow it enough to make it worth while.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back