+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Banks have the power to do it same as credit cards
It's not really a matter of power but choice. In the end PayPal operates as a bank or money transfer agent and is regulated at the state level as such under the same rules for the most part.

Not all banks* are pushovers either. Some <cough>Barclays<cough> are almost as onerous, but if you want to be punative, then do a chargeback through your credit card. PayPal will love you because someone else is on the hook for making the decision and PayPal gets to pop the merchant $20 for the chargeback.

M

*credit cards are actually issued by banks so they are really one in the same.

AquaCave Logo Banner

terri_ann

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear what you have and are going through. Clearly the seller is one everyone should stay away from, just by his comments and actions.

From personal experience (where we lost all of our coral inventory), even (disreputable) retailers will ship using methods they know will result in a loss of the corals. Thank God those aren't the majority! Unfortunately there are people out there who only care about getting money. Try to do whatever you can to get your money back and, to make every attempt possible for having the person blocked/banned/prosecuted/etc...so that others will not have to go through what you are. My husband and I are a small/family retailer and do our SW business for the customer and livestock. Yes, we need to breakeven or make money but investing in other people by treating them like we want to be treated, and protecting the livestock to our best ability should be what everyone strives for. Your seller has no conscious.

Your thread helps educate everyone as do those who respond. It would be so nice if some attorneys would step up to situations like yours, mine and others and fight for us! Maybe, just maybe, those who are intentionally wanting to take advantage of others might just drop in numbers! WE WISH YOU A RETURN OF YOUR MONEY VERY SOON!!

azreeftank

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He did not ship overnight... told me it was too expensive after he had already dropped the box off. But said the coral "would be just fine"

Unfortunately I used partial PayPal balance. The seller essentially told me good luck.

If i paid $500 for a Coral frag and that fool did not send it overnight to me I don’t care the cost I would overnight my $@& to his house and $^*^>€!!! The shipping cost after the fact is Not your problem. He should have thought about that when negotiating the price of the coral. That’s totally irresponsible in his part to send something and not pay overnight. I hope you get your money back and leave as many reviews on this seller as you can to prevent others from dealing with crooks like that. That sucks that people can’t be honest when dealing with others and always looking for an angle. Sorry and good luck with this

Top Shelf Aquatics

Want2BS8ed

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were you, I would drive to a LFS, or public aquarium, even if it's an hour away to get documentation.

That's a brilliant idea! Dsnakes, your on the Outer Banks. Take it to the North Carolina Aquarium over in Manteo. Can't get much more of an expert third party opinion than that. Surely there's someone there who will assist you.

M

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a brilliant idea! Dsnakes, your on the Outer Banks. Take it to the North Carolina Aquarium over in Manteo. Can't get much more of an expert third party opinion than that. Surely there's someone there who will assist you.

M
Someone is working on one for me now, I hadn't thought of the aquarium. They are right down the road from me.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anything end up in your favor?
Unfortunately not... I hope others can benifit from this though, and make more verifications before a purchase. Feedback is an important tool.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Want2BS8ed

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately not... I hope others can benifit from this though, and make more verifications before a purchase. Feedback is an important tool.

That’s unfortunate, but don’t give up quite yet.

Contact the San Jose Better Business Bureau and file a complaint against PayPal. It’s the only way to break out of their hamster wheel of automated responses and get to a human with authority to fix anything.

In my case, outlined in an earlier post, it took about a week for someone from PayPal’s Office of Executive Escalations to call, apologize, admit they weren’t perfect and issue a refund.

It’s a hassle, but worth pursuing before totally giving up...

M

Eric LeClair

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience, Paypal overwhelmingly favors the buyer over the seller. However, I have never had to use their disputes for livestock, so it may be different in that area.

Yeah I concur. I recently got a refund from Soundcloud. Soundcloud didn't even respond and I had to wait like a month. Horrible customer service but glad to get my refund through Paypal. Sorry to hear about your situation.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's all you can do at this point. The seller has been randomly posting on here now trying to sell stuff. Hopefully your warnings will help others from getting scammed because that's all he is about.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's all you can do at this point. The seller has been randomly posting on here now trying to sell stuff. Hopefully your warnings will help others from getting scammed because that's all he is about.
Yeah, that was recommended in this thread. I'll just post the link in every one I see.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Join the movement!
Back