Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
This can’t be true can it?? I have no words right now.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found out, a friend of my informed me.

I have not words. Very sad - and the entire crew here at VCA (there's 4 of here today), are stunned.

Our condolences to his wife and family and the ReefBuilders team. :-(

OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who are you? Where did you get your information? Sad if it’s true.
I expect the criticism, thats ok. I have a source very close to Jake Adams, he told me the news this is not something he would lie about. I wanted to share with the community, the same community he inspired. I didn't share any details of his death, although others have; out of respect for his family.

Avast

DanDman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I expect the criticism, thats ok. I have a source very close to Jake Adams, he told me the news this is not something he would lie about. I wanted to share with the community, the same community he inspired. I didn't share any details of his death, although others have; out of respect for his family.
Not criticizing. Just hoping it wasn’t true.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Wolskinyc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is so Sad. Terrible news. I've been watching his YouTube videos for a long time. They inspired and teaching me for long time. Condolences to the family omg life is to short and unexpected

Top Shelf Aquatics

Wolskinyc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is so Sad. Terrible news. I've been watching his YouTube videos for a long time. He inspired and teaching me for long time. Condolences to the family omg life is to short and unexpected

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

mattdg

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just dumbfounded by this sad news, as I know many of you are. Heard it from a close reefer friend and had to ask him like three times if it was fake news.

Man, his channel and the Reef Therapy podcast are two of the things I look most forward to, just period. Hard to imagine the reef hobby without his passion and enthusiasm, churning out beautiful content and that one of a kind reef studio.

Condolences to Jake's close friends and family. Many of us feel like we knew him, or did actually meet at shows, but his wife and family are the one's who will be hurting the most. Let's all do our best to respect that, not that anyone hasn't.

Thank you Sdot for sharing. Not an easy burden, with all the personal opinions and frustration people are feeling.

SecondCityCorals

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to Rob Mougey (VP of Macna if I'm correct) he passed away on an Overnight Flight to Bali just last night.

I can't imagine the heartbreak his family and close friends are going through. He was only 42 which is still pretty young. Rest in Peace Jake, you were one of my big Inspirations

Is there any more info on what happened? I don't want to be insensitive. Quite the opposite. I'm just having a hard time processing this one. A huge kick to the stomach here.

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
TCK Corals
Back